AH Osprey books...

MacCaulay

Banned
...you get the idea. Books that Osprey Publishing in other realities (or this one) would or should publish, like...for example...

Elite: Canadian Airborne Regiment 1968-1997, from a world where the Airborne Regiment wasn't disbanded. (the publishing date being, of course, 1997)

New Vanguard: Olifant Tank, 1957-2005, from any world where there's some more research and interest in the subSaharan wars.

I never even thought of that. Go for it!

Then my first is:

Super Cruisers: The Cape Town Class Battlecruisers
This book chronicles the legendary Cape Town class heavy cruisers, the products of South and East African designers in the 1930s. These powerful vessels came to be some of the most feared of WWII vessels, with the legendarily tough HMSAS Pretoria and her exploits in destroying the Gneisenau and the Tirpitz, to Cape Town's battle with the Mutsu, and their status as the "Guns of Africa" in Korea, to their service in later decades, including in Desert Storm and Yugoslavia, giving them the honor of being the world's last gun cruisers, as well as some of the finest.

The Old Warhorse: M72 Ridgeways in American service, 1975 to the present
Covers the origins of the M72 Ridgeway in the MBT-70 program, service with US Army forces in Germany, a baptism of fire in the Lebanese Civil War, upgrade programs ranging from the basic M72A1 to the urban warfare-focused M72A5 TUSK, and its service in the wars of the 1990s: Operation Desert Storm (ousting Iraq from Kuwait), Operation Restore Hope (restoring order in Somalia), Operation Justified Force (ousting Yugoslav troops from Bosnia), and Operation Decisive Reach (restoring order in the Sudan and crushing terrorist bases in the region).

Last edited:
B-49 Flying Wing Squadrons of the Viet-Nam Conflict 1964-72

The Canadian SAS in the Alaskan Theater of Operations 1983-85

Dyna-Soar Units of the US Space Force 1965-75

Imperial Russian Colonial Forces in North America 1790-1856

From my TL:

1mkZq.jpg

B-49 Flying Wing Squadrons of the Viet-Nam Conflict 1964-72

The Canadian SAS in the Alaskan Theater of Operations 1983-85

Dyna-Soar Units of the US Space Force 1965-75

Imperial Russian Colonial Forces in North America 1790-1856
The first and third ones I'd definately read, the second I'm not sure, and the fourth is just hell, no.

hmm Campaign Series 'Operation Mousetrap' the history of Britains great deception plan that resulted in the Gitlerites launching an ill fated strike on Britain that resulted in abject failure for the nazi's with the elimination of the KM, the decimation of the LW and a major nightmare for Germany's future logistical planning with the destruction of virtually every barge and ferry....

Osprey Elite -Britains Secret Army- Auxilliers in Operation Mousetrap/Sealion

There's a whole series of Very British Civil War AH where EddyVIII became King which might end up with several Elite series and others...

New Vanguard series (allowing for better British armour development)-Black Prince Infantry Tank 1943-1953 (2 yrs earlier and actually enters use)
Comet Cruiser Tank 1943-1970 (18 months earlier please)
Also in the aviation series Saro Sparrowhawk (aka the SR53)
the Hawker Siddley Sea Harrier FGR1 in the Falklands War (HS1154RN)

Then my first is:

Super Cruisers: The Cape Town Class Battlecruisers
This book chronicles the legendary Cape Town class heavy cruisers, the products of South and East African designers in the 1930s. These powerful vessels came to be some of the most feared of WWII vessels, with the legendarily tough HMSAS Pretoria and her exploits in destroying the Gneisenau and the Tirpitz, to Cape Town's battle with the Mutsu, and their status as the "Guns of Africa" in Korea, to their service in later decades, including in Desert Storm and Yugoslavia, giving them the honor of being the world's last gun cruisers, as well as some of the finest.

Are they heavy cruisers or battlecruisers?

Deleted member 1487

Campaign Series- Kaiserschlacht: Austria-Hungary's Greatest Victory Ukraine 1916

Thande

Donor
Cool idea Mac!

I like the idea of doing some of their incredibly niche and specific ones, like Leg Warmers of Auxiliary Bavarian Dragoons Serving in the Pan-German Volunteer Corps of the Prussian Army during the Russo-Prussian War, May-August 1855.

Cool idea Mac!

I like the idea of doing some of their incredibly niche and specific ones, like Leg Warmers of Auxiliary Bavarian Dragoons Serving in the Pan-German Volunteer Corps of the Prussian Army during the Russo-Prussian War, May-August 1855.

Thats a really, really long title. Would look absolutely hilarious on an actual book.:D

Us lovers of Bavarian Leg Warmers know that things were never the same after the August 1855 uniform reforms. Countless flamewars have been fought on the issue of whether the Pre-August model was warmer than its post-August counterparts.

And don't get me started on those pro-saxon trolls. Those saxon leg warmers caused the loss of a division at Tannenberg in '57! Osprey gives us a handy reference tool at an only slightly obscene price.

Men-At-Arms: The Royal Canton Rifles, 1861-1961. Tells the story of the Royal Canton Rifle Regiment, starting with their being raised from Britain's newly-won possession of Canton province, looking at their service in the Boer Wars, the Great War, and into the decolonization era. The book concludes with the description of the fate of the regiment when Canton was handed over to the Republic of China in 1961.