Putting Flamethrowers on Things. Everything Really.

Sachyriel

Banned
I won't lie, I love fire. It makes me hot.

So what we do in this thread is justify a flamethrower mounted upon anything you can name for reasons in an ATL.

• Flamethrowers on streetlights to deter over-eager people at red lights!
  • Flamethrowers on backpacks for signalling in the night
  • Flamethrowers on fire hydrants to be able to provide light to areas where the power might have gone out.
  • Flamethrowers on keyboards for geeky "Flamewars" memes. :p All the rage here on AHchan.
Don't let me have all the fun; attach a flamethrower to something that normally in our world doesn't have a flamethrower, hen justify why it would be used.

I completely endorse this idea.

There is nothing in this world that can not be solved with fire and tools that throw said fire.

If it isn't solving your problem YOU AREN'T USING ENOUGH FIRE!

--------------

I think we should implement the, I believe South African, deterrent to car jacking.

Flamethrowers installed in the side of the car.

What they do is they install these flamethrowers, with the trigger being an extra peddle.

If someone comes up to your car and tries to forcibly take it from you, you stomp down on this peddle and burn them alive. Sending them to Hell as God intended.

Sachyriel

Banned
This...doesn't seem like the right forum for this...

<.<

>.>

flamethrowers on the Commodore 64

Reliable, mass-produced flamethrowers would be around in this age simply because this is when people would likely mass-produce items with flamethrowers attached for the middle class public to consume.

I'm not asking for a world with flamethrowers on everything all the time. That itself would be implausible. But anything you can, grab it, and find its reason!

EDIt: yours could be a game peripheral for a cool game...

Last edited:
Lighthouse-mounted flamethrowers - if the light burns out, the flamethrower can create a flame to guide ships!

Flamethrowers for icebreakers, as an alternate means of breaking apart the ice.

Let's see

Flamethrowers on Chastity belts to make sure they work.
time sensitive Flamethrowers on combination locks so no one would steal it.
Flame throwers on flashlights for when the battery dies.
Flamethrowers on redcurbs to make the car parking there very red.

MacCaulay

Banned
I'm going to go with...flamethrowers on Centurion tanks. For...Vietnam and stuff. Why? Because they're Centurions, and they're awesome.

centurion-in-vietnam.jpg

RAHR!

Flamethrowers for people who clean public restrooms. Do I really need to suggest why this is a good idea? Also, are you perchance drunk?

I am.

MacCaulay

Banned
Some tanks have used/use flamethrowers right?

My favourite was the Crocodile:

flame_thrower.jpg

The fuel wasn't even in the tank, it was towed in a little trailer that you can see here at the bottom right. The flamethrower (if I remember correctly) replaced the coax machine gun, which meant that the tank could actually still fire it's cannon if it needed to.

My tingling spider sense tells me a flame war is about to erupt here.

HEEEEY-OH!!!!!