Ah challenge have a neutral Austria hungary

You didn'T mention a POD. Although I assume that post-1900 is required, the simplest way would be this:

When Germany has to decide between AH and Russia, they decide for Russia. In the years prior, constant rumors about the secret treaty between Germany and Russia have alienated Germany and AH as well as some ill-adviced speeches by good old Willhelm II. Consequently, the Alliance system builds around France-AH and Germany-Russia. As Italy has irredentist claims on both, the Italians join, as do Serbia, Montenegro and Romania. Even if Britain joins the French-AH alliance, AH is obviously doomed in case of war, since its only neutral neighbours are Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Consequently, AH stays neutral in any European war between the blocs, which would be considered WWI.

You didn'T mention a POD. Although I assume that post-1900 is required, the simplest way would be this:

When Germany has to decide between AH and Russia, they decide for Russia. In the years prior, constant rumors about the secret treaty between Germany and Russia have alienated Germany and AH as well as some ill-adviced speeches by good old Willhelm II. Consequently, the Alliance system builds around France-AH and Germany-Russia. As Italy has irredentist claims on both, the Italians join, as do Serbia, Montenegro and Romania. Even if Britain joins the French-AH alliance, AH is obviously doomed in case of war, since its only neutral neighbours are Switzerland and Liechtenstein. Consequently, AH stays neutral in any European war between the blocs, which would be considered WWI.

Would this be able to create a surviving and stable Austrio Hungary Monarchy?

Would this be able to create a surviving and stable Austrio Hungary Monarchy?

That's difficult. The increased foreign pressure of being surrounded by enemies might lead to reforms and stabilizes AH. Or, on the other side, Germany might promote Pan-Germanism and likewise Romania, Serbia and Italy might promote separatist movements of their minorities - the Poles certainly wouldn't want to join the Russians, but Ruthenes? Furthermore, all hese countries could promise an independent Hungary.

I'd assume that AH requires a strong partner nearby. Neither France nor Britain could be that partner. And if Pan-Germanism becomes truly widespread and backed by Germany (which is not sure given protestant-Prussian hegemony there), I'd say AH is doomed.

For AH to survive, they'd need earlier successful reforms, and either no WWI at all or being on the easily-winning side. If you want that, make Britain part of the CP or at least cobelligerent and let AH "buy" in the ITalians by giving up some land - thereby eliminating large parts of the Italian minority and the danger of Italian irredentism.

That's difficult. The increased foreign pressure of being surrounded by enemies might lead to reforms and stabilizes AH. Or, on the other side, Germany might promote Pan-Germanism and likewise Romania, Serbia and Italy might promote separatist movements of their minorities - the Poles certainly wouldn't want to join the Russians, but Ruthenes? Furthermore, all hese countries could promise an independent Hungary.

I'd assume that AH requires a strong partner nearby. Neither France nor Britain could be that partner. And if Pan-Germanism becomes truly widespread and backed by Germany (which is not sure given protestant-Prussian hegemony there), I'd say AH is doomed.

For AH to survive, they'd need earlier successful reforms, and either no WWI at all or being on the easily-winning side. If you want that, make Britain part of the CP or at least cobelligerent and let AH "buy" in the ITalians by giving up some land - thereby eliminating large parts of the Italian minority and the danger of Italian irredentism.

i was thinking maybe make a seperate country and give it land of venice, you now revivng it, with a puppet regime favouring them, create seperate countries with favoured regimes out oof minority countrys and then create a league headed by Austria of mutual protection....

i was thinking maybe make a seperate country and give it land of venice, you now revivng it, with a puppet regime favouring them, create seperate countries with favoured regimes out oof minority countrys and then create a league headed by Austria of mutual protection....

I always liked the idea of closely allied Venice and Austria fighting the Ottomans for centuries and having a joint colonial empire...:rolleyes:

The problem with reviving Venice is that the population there would probably want to join Italy. Therefore, this Venice would be rather unstable.

Giving up Trentino, Istria, Goridze-whats-that-name and even Triest for Austria is not that bad if they get a friendly Italy for that. And considering Triest, I once read that a referendum there might actually have led to it remaining with Austria. No harbour means no navy, which would be a big cost-saver for AH. If you desperately want a harbour for Austria, I'd recommend Austrian expansion: Montenegro and Albania hold good harbours which could be developed. Austria gaining the whole of Romania would provide good harbours, too, and would unite all Romanians under Hapsburg rule, which could stabilize a more federalist Empire. Finally, I once read a TL where Thessaloniki was the main Austrian harbour, which would be exceptionally cool as well.

I always liked the idea of closely allied Venice and Austria fighting the Ottomans for centuries and having a joint colonial empire...:rolleyes:

The problem with reviving Venice is that the population there would probably want to join Italy. Therefore, this Venice would be rather unstable.

Giving up Trentino, Istria, Goridze-whats-that-name and even Triest for Austria is not that bad if they get a friendly Italy for that. And considering Triest, I once read that a referendum there might actually have led to it remaining with Austria. No harbour means no navy, which would be a big cost-saver for AH. If you desperately want a harbour for Austria, I'd recommend Austrian expansion: Montenegro and Albania hold good harbours which could be developed. Austria gaining the whole of Romania would provide good harbours, too, and would unite all Romanians under Hapsburg rule, which could stabilize a more federalist Empire. Finally, I once read a TL where Thessaloniki was the main Austrian harbour, which would be exceptionally cool as well.
Ahh but remember venice never really wanted to join italy in the first place, in fact all you need is Austria Hungary spreading propaganda of enice former greatness, also triest could stay but its other italien possetions could turn into seperate countries protected by the league which austria creates and spread prop for their sep nationality.... Think about it... over 10 diff nations, wwith seperate armies, surrounding austria, like buffer states, each with its own gov, all working together with Austria.