A Sex WI: A Different Chromosome

What if this was what appeared on the Honolulu Advertiser of August 13, 1961?

Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama, 6085 Kalanianaole Hwy., daughter, Aug. 4.

In other words, what would history be like if the Obamas had a daughter instead of a son?

Well if a PoD of 1961 there's plenty that can change. If we assume absolutely nothing between then and now changes but the Obamas had a girl, it completely depends on whether or not FemObama makes any different choices in "her" life. If the latter is true at any point, who knows. If we assume the former is true I guess we're playing with a big handwaive :D.

If neither are true well, it's anybody's guess as to how things look. Butterflies!

Butterflies, butterflies, butterflies! It's impossible to tell what Bariah (to give her an Arabic girls' name) Obama's life would would be like today at age 49. That said, I'm quite sure that w/o a lot of hand-waving & precision butterfly flight, she would not be the current POTUS. Perhaps we wouild have a female President, but it would be Hillary Clinton, not Bariah Obama (or whatever her married name might be if she had & used one).

what would history be like if the Obamas had a daughter instead of a son?
Were B O to have been a woman it would have been somewhere of the order of 500 times more difficult for her to have won the nomination as a presidential candidate and 5000 more times difficult to have been elected.

If she succeeds in spite of the odds, she'd probably be at least 10 times better than most of her predecessors.

(If the Obamas had've had a daughter I'd hope they would have given her a name like Gillian, Gloria, Giselle, Genevieve etc. :) )

world

Banned
My father the filthy merchant seaman Errol Flynn look-a-like he is would have impregnated her in 1979.