Council of the League

Highlander

Banned
As put for by our Charter, we of the League of Micronations are guaranteed a Council of the League. Here we can discuss issues, put forward resolutions, etc.

As first order of business, I motion that we hold a vote for which flag will represent us (there are two proposed).

The Union of the Principality of Tyras and Grand Duchy of Sueb officially endorses the flag put forward by Transparent Blue they proposed in the "The League of Micronations" thread.

LM_large.png

I think we need to issue a flag challenge to try to get more entries.

As my laptop is out of action (using a friend's) I can't add entries at present.

I think we need to issue a flag challenge to try to get more entries.

As my laptop is out of action (using a friend's) I can't add entries at present.

Agreed.
Though, if the broken circle of TB's flag becomes dark green, I as Beerhaven Representative will accept it.

What is the makeup of the Council of LoM?

Perhaps we should present the respective flags of the member nations, then pick out main colours to incorporate à la the Olympic Flag?

Highlander

Banned
Perhaps we should present the respective flags of the member nations, then pick out main colours to incorporate à la the Olympic Flag?

Very good idea - going through the ones I can find, we seem to have similar colours as well.

Here are four I was able to find. Post your own if you don't see it here.

Untitled-1.jpg

In case anybody's wondering, the symbolism of my flag is:

- The small stars in a circle represent the micronations.
- The circle represents the world and also unity between the smaller stars.
- The large star represents the combined force of the micronations, and also the status that they each aspire to.

As for the colours:

- Red and white are the two most common flag colours in the world.
- Red represents the blood that we all share.
- White represents peace, and is the most dominant colour because this is most important.

I wouldn't mind a recoloured version, though I think it's important that the colours still have meanings. I like the idea of including the most common colours of the members' flags, but I'd like to point out that these are based on only four flags. With future member additions, these colours may become irrelevant and there may have to be (a) future change(s).

Last edited:
Technically, it's just the Imperial Standard, but the multi-dimensional aspect of the Empire means that this is the most commonly used flag to represent the nation as a whole.

As a side note, the Dragon is Lungh Huangh Pengh, the great protector of the Imperial domain. The 4 globes he holds are the subject of a lengthy epic and have given rise to the expression By the Great Gilded Globes of Lungh Huangh Pengh, roughly equivilant to Good Greif

I think part of the reason so many of our flags use Purple is that it's underrepresentated in the flags of the UN members

Flag of Nova Elysium.png

I, Konrad Alexander I, Prince of Tyras, Grand Duke of Sueb, Sole Monarch of the Union, Grand Master Paladin of the Most Beneficent Order of the Two Stars, of the Most Noble and Serene House of Parsons-Sedlecek hereby welcome you, your Most Imperial Highness Alexander the First of Nova Elysium to the League of Micronations

I, Konrad Alexander I, Prince of Tyras, Grand Duke of Sueb, Sole Monarch of the Union, Grand Master Paladin of the Most Beneficent Order of the Two Stars, of the Most Noble and Serene House of Parsons-Sedlecek hereby welcome you, your Most Imperial Highness Alexander the First of Nova Elysium to the League of Micronations

And I, Alexander I of the Great and Bountiful, Unviersal, Pan-Dimensional Empire of Nova Elyium, Emperor, High King of Tetria, of Calbria, Pelnos, Antipelnos, Hydronesian and the Thousand Islands, King of Plinthos, of Rhodes, Alexandria, Helicarnassus, Olympia, Ephesus, Babylon, Giza, Harcanad etc. etc. etc. Lord Guardian of the protected planets, the museum cluster and the ruins of Lamodos, High priest and Guardian of the Temple of Melenos and the Gates of Elysium etc. etc. etc. thank you

In case anybody's wondering, the symbolism of my flag is:

- The small stars in a circle represent the micronations.
- The circle represents the world and also unity between the smaller stars.
- The large star represents the combined force of the micronations, and also the status that they each aspire to.

As for the colours:

- Red and white are the two most common flag colours in the world.
- Red represents the blood that we all share.
- White represents peace, and is the most dominant colour because this is most important.

I wouldn't mind a recoloured version, though I think it's important that the colours still have meanings. I like the idea of including the most common colours of the members' flags, but I'd like to point out that these are based on only four flags. With future member additions, these colours may become irrelevant and there may have to be (a) future change(s).

Here's my altered version of TB's excellent flag with green and blue to represent the link to the environment and Earth as a whole.

LM_large ProfVersion.png