The League of Micronations

Highlander

Banned
This has been tried before, but lets give it another shot. Although anyone can (and should, it is fun) create a micronation, my idea for this is to have those that are slightly more serious, and have had more thought put into them.

Welcome to the League of Micronations! Aside from the general thread of discussion, this is aimed at creating a forum where we can unite to form a greater intermicronational union. Here we can pass resolutions, discuss between micronations, and act in a general matter that would rival that of the current United Nations.

The first order of business is we need to hammer out a Charter that will guide us. We also need a flag (I would highly suggest that made by Transparent Blue previously).

Highlander

Banned
My take so far:

[FONT=&quot]PREAMBLE[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]WE THE PEOPLES OF THE LEAGUE OF MICRONATIONS DETERMINED[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights of self determination, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations small and really small, and[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AND FOR THESE ENDS[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbors, and[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]to unite our strength to maintain intermicronational peace and security, and[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HAVE RESOLVED TO COMBINE OUR EFFORTS TO ACCOMPLISH THESE AIMS[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Accordingly, our respective Governments, through representatives assembled from all over the world at AH.com, who have exhibited their full powers found to be in good and due form, have agreed to the present Charter of the League of Micronations and do hereby establish an international organization to be known as the League of Micronations.[/FONT]

His Most Excellent Majesty Daniel the First, By the Grace of God, Emperor of Minarchitopia, King of Degland, Duke of Gravel Park, Supreme Primate of the Church of Minarchitopia hereby agrees to the terms set out by His Most August Majesty the King of Pennylvnd. The Empire of Minarchitopia would be more than willing to join such a league, however there is the small matter of passing the legislation through the Legislatures. Once the Houses reconvene tomorrow morning, the proposition shall be presented to them forthwith.

Dom

The most respected and noble kingdom of Domtopia requests entry into this proud organisation!

The Duchy of Grand Fenwick

Our small and noble nation is famous for its wine, its possession of the one Q-bomb and a successful lunar flight. We hope that the League of Micronations will honour us with incorporation in its orghanisation.

(signed)
Prime Minister
Leader of the Loyal Opposition

PS : Could somebody unlock the dungeon door? We seem to have been forgotten...

I, Konrad Alexander I, Prince of Tyras and Grand Duke of Sueb, Two States Unified as One, Hereby Extends a Request to Join the League of Micronations.

Here is the flag that Highlander is talking about:

LM_small.png

LM_large.png

Attachments

• LM.svg
    1.7 KB · Views: 728
The Union of Tyras and Sueb formally requests that the League create a "Council of the League," a 'forum' by which League members may address concerns and/or requests, and a "League Court of Justice" to work as a court of law for crimes and damages between members states within the League.

Highlander

Banned
The Union of Tyras and Sueb formally requests that the League create a "Council of the League," a 'forum' by which League members may address concerns and/or requests, and a "League Court of Justice" to work as a court of law for crimes and damages between members states within the League.

Indeed, that should be done. But we can't move forward until we set up a working Charter, which is why I'm making a thread devoted to that.

This will be the general discussion thread.

Indeed, that should be done. But we can't move forward until we set up a working Charter, which is why I'm making a thread devoted to that.

This will be the general discussion thread.
Very nice. Also, I hope that the Charter is a little more, how shall I say this, stable and workable than the UN or LoN charters...

In accordance with the unanimous resolution passed by the Nation Jiggyjiggy at 9:00 am on Saturday 17 April 2010, I Dowotisayok Sue hereby apply for the micronation of Penthesila to be accepted as a full member of the League of Micronations.

May the Empire of Nova Elysium be included if it is technically a universe-spanning pan-dimensional Empire, but the only property on this planet is the room I'm currently sitting in?

Emperor Oskar I of the Empire of Oskania, has, aftr meetng wit he Congress Bedforth, areed in joining the League of Micronations, and wishes acceptance.

Highlander

Banned
So is anyone still interested in this?

It got a lot of initial support, but people haven't been posting on it.

Krall

Banned
Due to the imperium given to me as the Consul of Innucinsar under the auctoritas of the Innucinsari people, I hearby apply on their behalf for membership for the Consulate of Innucinsar in this organisation.

In the pursuit of liberty, let us love one another.