John Lennon permantly banned from US saves his life?

What if the Nixon Administration had been able to ban John Lennon permantly from the US? Having him have to stay in Europe would have prevented him from running into Chapman and John Lennon would have been alive today?

Cook

Banned
Does this mean we have to put up with more songs as saccharin as “Imagine”?
Someone pass me the gun!

There would first need to be a widely accepted justification for banning him from the United States. I don't see anybody except for fringe moralfigs wanting him banned from the country. Even if enough people support banning him from the United States, they would have to think of some justification for why the federal government can do that. What was the composition of the Supreme Court at the time?

In that case, some guy in Britain will shoot him instead because nobody seem to like his solo music.
Not funny. I liked "Imagine". It was that everybody hated Yoko Ono. She took the blame for the breakup even though everybody knew it was John's and Paul's monstrous EGO's that caused the breakup. By the end, the only thing they could agree on was that neither of them wanted to do George's music. And to sandblast salt into their collective wounds, George was the most successful ex-Beatle for the first five years after the breakup.

The problem for John Lennon was a problem that went all the back to Charlie Chaplin, if you can believe it. You know how tabloids like the National Enquirer and others dedicate themselves to making miserable the lives of celebrities? Because the little old (and not so old) ladies that are their readers hate celebrities and love reading about said celebrities being taken down, even when they KNOW the stories are bogus. Well, for FIFTY years in this country one particular little old lady had an obsession about (and against) celebrities. From Charlie Chaplin to Zero Mostel to Jean Seberg to John Lennon, these people had their lives made miserable by this little old lady, simply because of her perverse prejudices (she resented the POWER of celebrity). Only death brought an end to her little reign of terror. I am speaking, of course, of J. Edna Hoover.:p

Larrikin

Banned
Banning

What if the Nixon Administration had been able to ban John Lennon permantly from the US? Having him have to stay in Europe would have prevented him from running into Chapman and John Lennon would have been alive today?

Yoko would have been better - for everybody. Then she wouldn't have become a celebrity on his coat tails and we wouldn't have to still put up with her now.

Would go closest to the definitive "talentless hack" that I can think of.