Real Men Wear Skirts!

I was reading this unfortunate thread on the ASB forum I am not typing in the title, when this caught my eye:
Stephen said:
Actually from a purely practicle point of vue kilts make allot more sence than skirts as men actually need the extra space between the legs while women can much more comfotably fit into a pair of trousers.
So what type of POD is required to make the male skirt fashionable with at least 80% of the world, and trousers considered appropriate womens wear?

Riain

Banned
No domestication of the horse. It was horsemen who made trousers fashionable, with their military advantage and tendency to rule the footbound.

Have Fiji become the fashion capital of the world..

If its good enough for George Speight to wear, then its good enough for anyone.
46703956.jpg

Don't tell me I'm the first to say "Scotwank!" :D

"They cin tek oor lahnd, boot they'll nev'r tek...OOR FASHIONS!"

PS: post-1900?!? I'll have to assume some sudden spike in Scotophilia after a great showing in the great war??

Hendryk

Banned
You definitely need a POD before the 20th century. Now it's worth keeping in mind that many cultures apart from the Scots have male items of clothing that could loosely be referred to as skirts (the sarong comes to mind) and, likewise, many cultures have traditionally had women wear loose trousers, especially lower-class ones who needed a relative freedom of movement to work outdoors or in the service of the upper classes (China is one example).

Have Fiji become the fashion capital of the world..

If its good enough for George Speight to wear, then its good enough for anyone.
46703956.jpg

Don't tell me I'm the first to say "Scotwank!" :D

"They cin tek oor lahnd, boot they'll nev'r tek...OOR FASHIONS!"

PS: post-1900?!? I'll have to assume some sudden spike in Scotophilia after a great showing in the great war??

So we need to combine a newfound love of kilts with Fiji becoming popular as more than just a vacation place.
Thinking....
Nope can't think of a way to combine the two. :)

You definitely need a POD before the 20th century. Now it's worth keeping in mind that many cultures apart from the Scots have male items of clothing that could loosely be referred to as skirts (the sarong comes to mind) and, likewise, many cultures have traditionally had women wear loose trousers, especially lower-class ones who needed a relative freedom of movement to work outdoors or in the service of the upper classes (China is one example).

I had actually planned for this to go into the Pre-1900 Forum, but when I realized my mistake decided to leave it here.
The other cultures are a good possibility, but how can we make their fashions become popular to 80% of the world? Thats the part I can't quite wrap my head around.

Thanks for the responses.