Challenge: British Defeat WW2

With a POD no earlier than July 22nd 1940 (The date that Britain rejects the final peace offer and prior to the battle of Britain) please find a realistic way for the axis to knock Britain out of the war as quickly as possible, ideally by say 1944, Without altering the German invasion of Russia.

This needs be no more than a simple white peace, as opposed to an actual operation unmentionable sea mammal.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I really can't see how Germany could knock Britain out of the fighting. Even if they continued the attacks on RAF airfields rather than go for the towns and cities then the RAF will just move the remainder of the planes up north, where the Luftwaffe would be out of reach.

The you have the Royal Navy and the Enigma Code that's already been cracked, these will halt anything that involves trying to get onto land for a prolonged amount of time (Operation Sealion or whatever.)

Then you have Churchill who's as stubborn as heck and so won't budge on his stance of fighting the Germans to the death.

So yeah, with a POD after July, 1940 I don't think Britain would be beaten of by Germany...

I dunno if that's sarcasm, but seeing as Churchill basically admitted to pissing his pants over them...

Yes. We were in pretty dire straits at times, and being a war leader is a hell of a nervous job. But we won the battle for the Atlantic. In what plausible way could we be made to lose it with this PoD?

Yes. We were in pretty dire straits at times, and being a war leader is a hell of a nervous job. But we won the battle for the Atlantic. In what plausible way could we be made to lose it with this PoD?

Well, the Kriegsmarine would have to be affected in some way, obviously, and figuring out how with this POD is the problem. Any ideas?

Faeelin

Banned
Any good spin doctor today could convince the population Hitler was not the enemy of Britain and it was not worth our while fighting him for other countries.

"Honorable members of Parliament, I know we have made our longstanding policy to oppose a continental hegemon, and I know that Hitler has used every treaty we've made to wipe his arse, but I am sure he will not use the European industrial base to destroy our nation."

"Honorable members of Parliament, I know we have made our longstanding policy to oppose a continental hegemon, and I know that Hitler has used every treaty we've made to wipe his arse, but I am sure he will not use the European industrial base to destroy our nation."

Yep, the people would swallow that.

I'm so, so glad you're back. :)