Best Australia wank?

So I've seen Ameriwanks, Britwanks, Canadawanks, and pretty much every other type of wank. But I have yet to see an Australia-wank. Has anyone ever written one? I was just wondering what the best POD would be for an (at least semi-realistic) Australia-wank.

Speaking of Jared, DoD is, among other things, an Aussie-wank. The Kingdom of Australasia has control of Australia, New Zealand, the Malay Archipelago, Indochina, and the Phillipines. Good lord!

It's also the center of power for the Restored Empire IIRC.

Well, I once thought of a Guns of the Aborigines, but I never did it.
One could see Australia being occupied by Japan during WWII, then sucsessfully fighting them back and joining with New Guina, New Zealand, and Fiji as the Oceanic Federation.

Couple thoughts:

Australia is currently a bit short on water, but probably could have more people if it imported it's food instead of growing it locally, since about 65% of it's water is used for agriculture. Also, more sophisticated water use to minimize waste (see, Israel) could substantially decrease the amount needed by agriculture and to a lesser extent by urban populations: however, even in a "best-case scenario" where Australians import almost all of their food and don't bathe much, I have trouble seeing them doing as much as tripling their current population to 60-odd million. That's not a wank, just a mild swelling.

For a true wank, Australia must be the center of some sort of extended empire, as in Jared's scenario, only more so. If Australia is European-settled, then it's probably the center of some sort of "empire in exile" - if it was settled early enough by, say, Asians or Indians, it might be the original imperial center.

Of course, there's always super-aborigines...

http://www.uchronia.net/bib.cgi/label.html?id=mcmugreate

Bruce

The latter two options would just serve to give their motherlands more land. Australia is too close to those places.

Not necessarily - if the Chinese are invaded by Mongols...and Polynesians in Australia might soon outnumber those in their homelands. Most of Australia is shit for agriculture, but the parts that are OK are much larger than any Polynesian archipellago. And "political stability" is hardly a description of pre-European contact Indonesia. Which homeland, and for how long?

Bruce

DoD... An Australia with 50 million europeans, the head of state is the British Monarch in exile, with a customs union and combined militaries with Indonesia, New Guinea, the Philipenes and Indo-China.

Also, contains Fiji and New Zealand.

Not a super-realistic possibility, but I once played in an alternate history roleplaying game where I controlled Australia. It was a more violent time line with three world wars in the same space as OTL's two, but Australia picked the right side in all three. Australia and New Zealand unified under one government early on and ended up getting protectorates over New Guinea, most of the South Pacific islands chains, and temporary governorships over Indonesia and Malaysia for twenty years.

Of course the world ended in nuclear war in the late 1970s...northern hemisphere got the worst of it so it was possible that Australia and South Africa were going to become two of the major powers left. We didn't play any farther though.

Hmmm, how bout an ANZAC federation which comes into existence after Allied victory in WWI, under PM Sir John Monash, which incorporates PNG, Fiji, the Solomons & other British pacific islands, becoming a South Pacific superpower with a continuing 5-division-strong military force with supporting substantial naval & air forces which no-one else will want to take on ?

Riain

Banned
Have the Dutch meet the Gundijimara in 1627 and go from there, by now Australia would have 350 years of development rather than 200ish.