President Zachary Taylor Lives

What if President Zachary Taylor had watched what he ate in the summer and not gotten ill and died? President Taylor despite being a slaveowner was opposed to the Compromise of 1850 and wanted to admit California a free state. Indeed he threatened to crush the South if they rebelled. So what would be the effects?

What if President Zachary Taylor had watched what he ate in the summer and not gotten ill and died? President Taylor despite being a slaveowner was opposed to the Compromise of 1850 and wanted to admit California a free state. Indeed he threatened to crush the South if they rebelled. So what would be the effects?

The South doesn't DARE rebel against Taylor, not after he threatend to personally command the Army and hang every secessionist he could find as a traitor. If he lives, I predict one of two outcomes, either no Civil War, or a very short Civil War, maybe two or three years out the outside.

The Life of Zachary Taylor

some folks had the idea that he was assassinated for his views on slavery/the south. did they exhume his body? i cant remember...

If I remember correctly (and wasn't being lied to) he said he would personally hang his son in law, a Jefferson Davis if the south tried to rebel. If only he knew.