A feel good DBWI: The Final season of Firefly!

Hashasheen

Banned
Well, we all knew this was coming sooner or later, but the 6th and final season of Firefly has been mostly produced and shown. The show's been through a lot, from the meeting of the Tam siblings, the situation of the Hands of Blue, the Unification Wars Arc, and the Browncoat resistence against Alliance that is going to be made the focus of the 3 hour long Finale.

Why don't you all share the your favorite episode or moment in the series? Mine personally was the 2 part episode of the Battle of Serenity Valley, pretty brutal and macabre, but oh so realistic.

EDIT: OOC: ITS 6 and its staying that way! THATS FINAL :D

Last edited:
As a fan of old-fashioned Sci-Fi, my favourite is the last episode of the Unification Wars Arc in Season4. Damn, that Space Battle was awesome.

Sachyriel

Banned
I have to say Kaylee kissing the doctor for the first time made me happy. I'm not one to think of myself as a sap, but it was shiny. Though I kept wondering if she was getting close to the doc so she could gain River's trust and pay the companion Inara to show her the finer points of Sappho. Yeah I'm dirty minded, I know.

If you're wondering about my favourite action sequence I'd say the episode about Wash training how to fly for combat. You can say all you want about the Unification Wars being the best sequences, but damn that dude could fly. I'll bet if you strapped ion engines to a bath-tub he could make it do loop-de-loops.

Hashasheen

Banned
As a fan of old-fashioned Sci-Fi, my favourite is the last episode of the Unification Wars Arc in Season4. Damn, that Space Battle was awesome.
Indeed, the desperation of what was left of the Independence fleet when they rammed the Alliance armada was so palpable.:(

It's also the first time since Return of the Jedi that I've seem proper fighter battling it out in Space.

Hashasheen

Banned
If you're wondering about my favourite action sequence I'd say the episode about Wash training how to fly for combat. You can say all you want about the Unification Wars being the best sequences, but damn that dude could fly. I'll bet if you strapped ion engines to a bath-tub he could make it do loop-de-loops.
Probably. Wash was a favorite character of mine, both him and Jayne.
"the man they call Jayne.":D

I'm honestly somewhat annoyed with Firefly and wish it had been shorter.

Why? Simple. It was so acclaimed as the Second Coming of Christ that I assumed it had to suck and didn't watch it until last season, when I finally got the first season off Netflix and watched it. Nonstop. And then bought the rest of the entire show off iTunes and watched that too. Also nonstop. And then realized I'd been awake 36 hours and fell asleep at my computer keyboard. For 12 hours. Nonstop. I blame Joss for being too awesome.

I can understand why they almost cancelled it, in retrospect. If they hadn't stuck it into their lineup properly (i.e. in order and all of it in the same weekly timeslot) after Tru Calling imploded during production and left a gaping hole in their schedule, I'm not sure it would have had the success it did as anything more than a cult slassic.

mowque

Banned
Didn't really get it. Kinda dopey wasn't it? Anyway, doesn't really make much of a difference to me.

(OOC- That show was REALLY stupid but in this TL, the crowds have proved me wrong..not as in OTL)

maverick

Banned
I don't know about the rest, but my favorite character has to be the Operative, you know, when he replaced the Hands of Blue as the main bad guys (and when he gutted them with his sword with the classic "You've outlived your usefullness/failed me" lines)

He was the best part about season 3.

(OOC: There is of course, no movie, but the Operative is too awesome to not have)

Hashasheen

Banned
Jayne after he has like, his 875347593457 chance to betray the crew:

"The money was good enough this time, but I didn't like his face."
That was in the 5th season where Jayne hands them over to Alliance authorities in exchange for complete immunity right? And then he busts them out with Browncoat resistence, snapping an Operator in half and getting kneed in the balls by Kaylee. :D

Last edited:

maverick

Banned
That was in the 3 season where Jayne hands them over to Alliance authorities in exchange for complete immunity right? And then he busts them out with Browncoat resistence, snapping an Operator in half and getting kneed in the balls by Kaylee. :D

Oh, yes, the two best lines from that episode:

Wash: wait a second, let's get back to the part where Jayne gets his ass kicked by a 90 pound girl, cause I Don't think that's ever getting old...

THE Operator: define Missing

Sachyriel

Banned
Hey, isn't there anyone whos favourite character was Mal?

Oh well, what did he spend his money on? Inara or the ship?

I am personally going to miss the sideline characters. Who can forget Seth Green as "Operator 13", the sarcastic hacker and smuggler who showed up in seasons 3,5, and 7. I am also going to miss Robert Picardo as the deceitful "Defense Minister Williams" in Seasons 4 and 5. But one of my favorite characters has to be "Secretary of State Robertson" played John de Lancie, probably his most memorable role since "Q" on Star Trek: TNG....

Hashasheen

Banned
But one of my favorite characters has to be "Secretary of State Robertson" played John de Lancie, probably his most memorable role since "Q" on Star Trek: TNG....
His role as a member of the Browncoat High Council was indeed inspirational. I think he won an Oscar for it, no?

maverick

Banned
OOC: Seriously, guys...8 seasons? remember Stargate.

I think that 5 seasons would have been the best, personally.

maverick

Banned
What? The posters are supposed to follow the first post, not the other way around.

Well, nevermind...

We could say that seasons 6-7 were seasonal rot and that season 8 was the redeeming one.