Medieval Map

Its around 1200ish

Mmap.GIF

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Shattered France and earlier Reconquista...

Any chance of posting a blank version of that map?

Also, Poland is west of where it should be, and Novgorod seems to not even include Novgorod itself! This is certainly possible, if the Rus go somewhere else... Though isn't Novogorod derived from slavic words?

I doubt that there was a "conquista" to start with. The Moslem invasion appears to have stopped at Carthage.
No 4th Crusade either (at least not similar to OTL). Byzantium is still a very solid concern.
I would have expected the Italian Crusader states to belong to the Norman kingdom, but the colors are different.

Romulus Augustulus said:
Novgorod = novii gorod = new city. Means the exact same thing as Carthage, in fact...(Carthage = Qar-Hadasht = new city)
I knew that, I had only thought that gorod was slavic.. Though I guess since it comes from germanic, Novgorod could easily be a Baltic version of itself.. In fact, I was thinking of doing something similiar with Holmgard in my Muslims win at Tours TL..

What is the Roman Sultanate. I saw it on an AWSOME European historical map site, but I couldn't find ut what it was online...great map by the way...

Hmm... looks like Manzikert did happen, hence the Sultanate of Rum, and the Crusades, so the POD would be post-1071 (unless the Crusades and Turkish incursions into Anatolia occurred differently). It does look like the Second Crusade was a mixed bag, not being able to relieve Edessa, but with some holdings in North Africa obtained by the Italians. Maybe French King Louis IX (I think) perished in the Second Crusade, leading to the partition of France. Apparently Bulgaria did not revolt away from Byzantium either, and Novgorod, not Kiev, is the most prominent Russian duchy. Anywhere close?

Firstly, the Comnenoi are far more successful in containing the Turks and keeping the Crusaders on a short leash. I would also hypothesize that Nur al-Din and his predecessor that Turkish guy whose name escapes me, and is just one word, and Salah al-Din never amount to much, and thus, with Byzantium having firm control over the situation, the Crusaders focus on North Africa instead. Perhaps once the North Africans are crushed, the Spanish get some significant help in driving out the Moors who have lost a lot of their land with the Second/Third/whatever crusade that took North Africa.

Close?