Map Continuation 3 - Map 6 - Jarnasia/Jarnassia (North America)

Krall

Banned
This is the thread for the claiming of nations in the Map Continuation 3 world.

This one's North America, named Jarnasia/Jarnassia after a giantess in Norse mythology.

Remember, keep the continent consistent and all countries that are not colonies of European nations will be former colonies of European nations, no Native American nations.

Also remember that the North and interior of this continent is not going to be densely populated, so most nations will need a coastline.

I'll claim the first nation, República Unida da Lucaia, or the United Republic of Lucaia (TTL's name for the Carribean), a federal nation made up mostly of former Portuguese colonies in the area. It presently appears that the federal government of Lucaia is unable to cater to the needs of all of Lucaia's various states, leaving reform or abolishment as their only options.

NAmerica.png

Republic of Mahican, a former English colony (Under the name New North England), it is named for the "Mahican River" (Hudson River) which is named for the Mahican tribe of native americans. It's capital is New Richmond, a city on the western edge of Paumanok Island (Long Island).

Mahican.png

In salmon, the Kingdom of Mosconha, a former portuguese colony that always had boundary disputes with the Padanian ones. Even after the independence, there were some wars for the control of the Micisibo River (Mississipi), that ended up with a defeat for the former portuguese. They are, though, very revanchist, and a militaristic moviment is growing.

Its name cames from "Muskogee", the language spoken by this region natives.

Mosconha.png

Ealgaena - Elk land in Sapmi. Sapmi land colonized peacefully by tribesmen from the homeland, after recognizing similarities with their own country.

mcjcj7.jpg

Ichirogem. The name is a corrupted version of the native name.

OTL Barbados. Independent; I'm not sure of the colonizers. Probably several.

ichirogem.PNG

I claim the Fortunate Islands (les/los Fortunatos?) an Italian colony in Lucaia. EDIT: Sorry, I included Barbados. Ignore it.

Krall

Banned
Ealgaena - Elk land in Sapmi. Sapmi land colonized peacefully by tribesmen from the homeland, after recognizing similarities with their own country.

Vetoed for unrealism. Sapmi isn't/wasn't powerful enough to colonise such a large area or to hold on to any sort of colony in the Americas for any length of time. Also it's a JPG, which is by far a worse crime.

Here's N. America as it stands so far:

NAmerica.png

Vetoed for unrealism. Sapmi isn't/wasn't powerful enough to colonise such a large area or to hold on to any sort of colony in the Americas for any length of time. Also it's a JPG, which is by far a worse crime.

Here's N. America as it stands so far:

Yes because Great Britain was enormous when it colonized a third of the world wasn't it? I'll just take Labrador if you're gonna be picky.

Krall

Banned
Yes because Great Britain was enormous when it colonized a third of the world wasn't it?

I said nothing about size, merely about power, industry and resources. Britain had a great deal of minerals and labour at its disposal, Sapmi does not.

No colonies for you.

Second claim. It is the Free City (Or whatever I end up calling it exactly) of Cholula. Cholula, as many of you know, is the site of the Great Pyramid of Cholula, the largest pyramid in the world. It is very old, begun around 200 BC, and is one of the most sacred sites in the region. Instead of just directly annexing the sacred site, the colonial government in the area granted it the status of suzerainty and exiled many native people who refused to convert to Christianity there. It is one of the last bastions of native Mesoamerican religion, and with the decline of colonial power in the area, is now completely independent. (With protection from the surrounding country, of course.)

Krall

Banned
Second claim. It is the Free City (Or whatever I end up calling it exactly) of Cholula. Cholula, as many of you know, the site of the Great Pyramid of Cholula, the largest pyramid in the world. Instead of just directly annexing the sacred site, the colonial government in the area granted it the status of suzerainty and exiled many native people who refused to convert to Christianity there. It is one of the last bastions of native Mesoamerican religion, and with the decline of colonial power in the area, is now completely independent.

Just a note, this nation still needs to have a European majority, but it can definitely have a (relatively) huge Mesoamerican minority.

I said nothing about size, merely about power, industry and resources. Britain had a great deal of minerals and labour at its disposal, Sapmi does not.

No colonies for you.

Well how about rather than colonies my people just migrate there?

Just a note, this nation still needs to have a European majority, but it can definitely have a (relatively) huge Mesoamerican minority.

Sounds good. I just thought it would be nice if some native religion and tradition was still practiced.

Perfectly plausible, but there's not going to be enough for a majority.

I have only had ONE claim so far in this game and all others have either been vetoed or ignored. I think you should quit being so damned picky and just let me do my own thing considering everything else I wanted to do on the other continents was just tossed aside.

Republikken Olavskog
(The Republic of Olavskog {Olav's Woods})

While founded by Norwegians, the nations population is descended mostly from Norwegians, English, Portuguese, Sapmi, Gaels, Goths, and Native Jarnassian peoples.

The language spoken is basically a mix of the two most common Nordic dialects with allot of loan words from the other cultures, especially Portuguese.

MC3NorAmer.PNG

Last edited:
[I was going to get the Mississipi mouth, but I'll let Nuova Venezia for Venice']

Seestaat, the State of the Lakes, a former german colony (or part of it was german) that got independent. It did not managed to keep coastal zones in the independence war, depending on the rivers to transport goods etc.

It suffered a Coup d'état and now is governed by a very populist leader, Karl Boilesen, with expansionist ambitions over Jarnasia and the world.

northamerica_mc3.png

[I was going to get the Mississipi mouth, but I'll let Nuova Venezia for Venice']

Seestaat, the State of the Lakes, a former german colony (or part of it was german) that got independent. It did not managed to keep coastal zones in the independence war, depending on the rivers to transport goods etc.

It suffered a Coup d'état and now is governed by a very populist leader, Karl Boilesen, with expansionist ambitions over Jarnasia and the world.
Overlaps with Sovereign12's Olavskog.

Krall

Banned
I have only had ONE claim so far in this game and all others have either been vetoed or ignored. I think you should quit being so damned picky and just let me do my own thing considering everything else I wanted to do on the other continents was just tossed aside.

Well maybe you should stop trying to claim Sapmi colonies, they're entirely unrealistic.

There's no such thing as a landlocked colony. It can be Nordic/English, but not German.

Edit: I'd suggest altering your borders with Olavskog in mind.

Kingdom of Susquehan, (corruption of Susquehannock, the name of a tribe that inhabited the region).

Haven't really thought of who colonized it, but it could be a former French or Navarran colony, that was friendly(ish) towards the natives, allowing them to expand further with native manpower (and thus the name as well).

NAmerica claim.png