Map Continuation 3 - Map 4 - Africa

Krall

Banned
DO NOT SKIP OVER THIS POST.

This MC3 map will take a different form from the others. Instead of claiming a load of different nations, this thread is essentially going to be the big colonial powers cutting up the cake of Africa into the pieces that they want and the pieces that they think would make the most sense historically.

If you feel like nudging a border that way, taking a bite out of another nation's colonies or even adding to them, feel free.

All of these maps are, in essence, suggestions of what Africa would look like post-colonisation. The colonies are not claimed, they are suggested, they can be altered at will, though they must be realistic.

BURGUNDY GETS THE SINAI AND A BIT OF EGYPT BY DEFAULT. NO QUESTIONS.

NON-COLONIAL NATIONS OPERATE UNDER DIFFERENT RULES. IF CLAIMED AND THEY ARE REALISTIC THEN THEY SHOULD NOT BE INTERFERED WITH TOO MUCH.

And with that I'd like to suggest the following areas be part of the Portuguese Colonial Empire.

AFRICA.png

The Bright Blue claims are for Union Navarre.

The Bright Green is for Ethiopia that is in Personal Union with the Bulgarian Empire.

MCafrica.PNG

I would like to ask the Sultanate of Melinde, a vassal/territory of the Mughal Empire.

edit: gah, sorry for keeping the Madagascar error.

melinde.png

Krall

Banned
The Bright Blue claims are for Union Navarre.

Rather widespread, aren't they? You should feel free to push inland and not just hog the coasts.

The Bright Green is for Ethiopia that is in Personal Union with the Bulgarian Empire.

The personal union is unrealistic.

I would like to ask the Sultanate of Melinde, a vassal/territory of the Mughal Empire.

I thought I already said no to this?

Madagascar is mine.

No map, no claim [or rather no suggestion].

Edit: Oh, and also CLEAN YOUR BORDERS. Seriously, it's getting ridiculous.

@ Krall,

Yes, you said no, but the claims had not started yet.

The Mughal empire can be an Asian country and a local player, but it was easily the richest and more populated area in southern Asia (based both on the history and on his area). It had influence over the sultanate of Melinde for a long time, at the way that, when neocolonialism started, this lands were already occupied by a strong government - not like the majority of Africa.

With the modernization of the Mughal Empire, they started to keep more firmly their lands under a very occidentalizer Grand Vizier.

Japan had his possessions OTL, the Ottomans had much of north Africa coexisting with neocolonialism for a significant time, and even ITTL Hyderabad has its possessions in Sumatra. I can agree that isn't the most expected thing to occur, but it can do without that amount of dificulties.

@ Krall,

Yes, you said no, but the claims had not started yet.

The Mughal empire can be an Asian country and a local player, but it was easily the richest and more populated area in southern Asia (based both on the history and on his area). It had influence over the sultanate of Melinde for a long time, at the way that, when neocolonialism started, this lands were already occupied by a strong government - not like the majority of Africa.

With the modernization of the Mughal Empire, they started to keep more firmly their lands under a very occidentalizer Grand Vizier.

Japan had his possessions OTL, the Ottomans had much of north Africa coexisting with neocolonialism for a significant time, and even ITTL Hyderabad has its possessions in Sumatra. I can agree that isn't the most expected thing to occur, but it can do without that amount of dificulties.

Oman held East African land during the 1800s OTL, but not so far into Africa. This could be something similar.

Krall

Banned
A rump Mughal Empire is not going to be able to hold on to that much land in Asia, especcially not with major colonial powers in the area.

Edit: Sovereign12, why did you remove Ethiopia?

A rump Mughal Empire is not going to be able to hold on to that much land in Asia, especcially not with major colonial powers in the area.

I meant Oman did hold land, but not that far inland.

Maybe the mughals hold part of the Horn of Africa only, or Zanzibar and some coast territory?

Edit: Sovereign12, why did you remove Ethiopia?

I was more interested in having it in personal union with the Bulgars, rather than claiming as an outright sovereign state. Sort of a Christian Orthodox union.

Krall

Banned
I meant Oman did hold land, but not that far inland.

Maybe the mughals hold part of the Horn of Africa only, or Zanzibar and some coast territory?

I'll concede that the Mughal Empire may have some land in Africa, but it's not going to be anything beyond a few trading posts.

Oman held East African land during the 1800s OTL, but not so far into Africa. This could be something similar.
Yeah, Oman had his possessions also - there are examples in OTL history of asian-dominated lands in Africa that occured and could, with some limitations, survive more time.

Well, I don't call "rump" a nation that has Delhi, all of the Hindus and almost all of the Ganges. An empire with these lands in the way of modernization could hold some possessions near it, couldn't it?

And, major colonial powers? Well, I don't call Bulgaria a major colonial power exactly. The east african coast isn't so requisited. More than that, there's always the possibility of negotiation.

And, why/how does (a rump?) Hiderabad has half of Sumatra?

edit: I hadn't seen your last post, Krall. Great, I'm happy to see that we can negotiate something

Quickly here, German colonies in Africa.

I am disappointed that I missed the good bits (South Africa, Morocco, Dakar) but I think this is a half decent empire.

One question Krall: Is a German Libya ASB or not?

MCafricaA.PNG