AHC Russian Supremacy

Hello Internet,
Your challenge if you choose to except it is to make Russian the only language spoken in the Russian Empire.
The P.O.D must be after 1500.
Have Russian as the primary language of the entire empire.
Bonus points for any maps and widespread usage of the language.
E.N

Hello Internet,
Your challenge if you choose to except it is to make Russian the only language spoken in the Russian Empire.
E.N

I think that during the reign of Peter the Great, he faced the problem of the conversion of some siberian tribes. These tribes practiced a very confused and corrupt (with shamanism) form of Islam. I heard that instead of sending christian orthodox missionaries to convert them, he was convinced to send muslims instead by some illuminist advisors.

So, basically, you need to have some kind of militant orthodox orders that spread the religion, and thus the language.

Hello Internet,
Your challenge if you choose to accept it is to make Russian the only language spoken in the Russian Empire.
E.N
Wouldn't this require the cultural assimilation and ethnic cleansing of Siberian natives, Ukrainians, Poles, Belarussians, Jews, Finns,Baltic people, Caucasians, Germans, Swedes, Caucasians, Central and East Asians, Turks, Muslims, Persians, Kazakhs and other foreigners if you want to take it seriously? https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/images/smilies/frown.gif
If the pod is after 1500, may this sort of Russian Empire never obtain territory from Poland, Sweden, the Ottoman and Habsburg Empires, Baltic duchies, khanates, Cossacks, Siberian natives, China, Korea, Japan, the Caucasus, Central Asia,Kazakhstan and Persia. And no overseas colonies such as Alaska would be permitted.

Last edited:
I think that during the reign of Peter the Great, he faced the problem of the conversion of some siberian tribes. These tribes practiced a very confused and corrupt (with shamanism) form of Islam. I heard that instead of sending christian orthodox missionaries to convert them, he was convinced to send muslims instead by some illuminist advisors.

So, basically, you need to have some kind of militant orthodox orders that spread the religion, and thus the language.
There are just so many areas to spread Russian Orthodoxy and compulsory learning of Russian without causing troubles with the natives.

Well with the P.O.D their was no real thought into it so yes it is Arbitary. Orthodox Holy Orders seem to be the only viable option apart from a smaller realm. This is of course anyone else as any further ideas.