Gone With the Wind Retitled

What is an alternate title for the novel Gone With the Wind?

• Tomorrow is Another Day

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Bugles Sang True

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Not in Our Stars

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Tote the Weary Load

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
Gone With the Wind is a novel written by Margaret Mitchell. It was first published in 1936.
Some various titles for Gone With the Wind are:
Tomorrow is Another Day
Bugles Sang True
Not in Our Stars
Tote the Weary Load
Ba! Ba! Ba! Black Sheep

What title do you like?

(slow clap) I'd also settle for Weepy-eyed Lost Causer Fanfiction

I don't know so much. The ACW of course provided a background, but I've always seen GWTW as basically an early "disaster" movie, with the war playing the same role as the big freeze in The Day After Tomorrow.

So perhaps The Day Before Yesterday?

Alternatively, given its "survivalist" element, perhaps Triumph of the Will might be appropriate.

The life that Scarlett and the other Southerners use to know and live is gone.
That life is blown away, "gone with the wind".
Their life will never be the same.
They cannot exactly go back to where they were before the war.

The life that Scarlett and the other Southerners use to know and live is gone.
That life is blown away, "gone with the wind".
Their life will never be the same.
They cannot exactly go back to where they were before the war.

Good, where they were before was a neo-feudal white supremacist state. If yo want the title to reflect that call it "Reap The Whirlwind" or something.

Good, where they were before was a neo-feudal white supremacist state. If yo want the title to reflect that call it "Reap The Whirlwind" or something.

Significantly, though, Scarlett and Rhett found they could get along without it. The "gentlemen" and "men of principle" who had brought it down in ruins fared much worse, except when S&R were there to help them.

I really love that scene where all those ex-slaveowners look down their noses at Scarlett for employing convict labour to keep Tara afloat. How could she be so unladylike? I never know whether to laugh or cry.

Saphroneth

Banned
Being a film on the troubles and tribulations of a woman of little means in a time of great danger, and on the constancy and inconstancy of life in an age of turmoil, and on damyankees.