Prussian King of America

I read some where that some Americans after the American Revolution had asked a Prussian prince to become the king of America. WI this Prussian prince had accepted?

Archangel Michael said:
I read some where that some Americans after the American Revolution had asked a Prussian prince to become the king of America. WI this Prussian prince had accepted?
Who were these Americans and where did you read this?:confused:

Xen

Banned
Ive read it before, it was Prince Henry if I remember correctly, the brother of Frederick the Great.

After the Revolution people in America werent sure how to set up a new government, there were those who wanted to duplicate the British system in America, replace Parliment with Congress and King George III with Emperor Henry I. It had some support in Congress to and among some of the more famous founding fathers including Alexander Hamilton if memory serves me correctly.

Henry was only one consideration though, Bonnie Prince Charley WAS considered, I read once he was offered and rejected the Crown. George Washington was another, and perhaps most famous individual who had the crown offered to him. He had no sons, so rejected it to let the Republic grow. Perhaps if had a son at some point in his life, the father of our country would be the father of a royal dynasty.

Any case if America becomes a monarchy in its early years, it will most likely resemble the United Kingdom in many regards and not be a Confederation of States.