President Kissinger?

No attempt, but I do seem to remember this was discussed to some extent because I think at the time the Secretary of State was 3rd in line of sucession after the POTUS and VP. I think this was mentioned when Nixon nominated him as Secretary of State

No attempt, but I do seem to remember this was discussed to some extent because I think at the time the Secretary of State was 3rd in line of sucession after the POTUS and VP. I think this was mentioned when Nixon nominated him as Secretary of State

It was discussed, but Sec of State is actually 4th in the line of succession, behind the VP, Speaker of the House and President pro tem of the Senate. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession

Let's presume that sometime prior to Henry Kissinger's service as Secretary of State a constitutional amendment allowing for foreign born Presidents was passed. I realize the intensely difficult nature of passing constitutional amendments, and the implausibility of the set up here, but bear with me. If Henry Kissinger was eligible for the Presidency would he be elected? My sense is that he wouldn't be, but what's the consensus here. That is, leaving aside the illegibility question could Henry Kissinger have won a Presidential election?

Setting aside Kissinger's birth circumstances, the man simply had no crowd appeal. Nor did he "sound" American, with his German accent. He was not a popular public figure, not did he go out of his way to make himself one, unlike a potential Schwarzenegger candidacy. If his career was OTL until after Nixon's resignation, his role in the Nixon administration and the perception that he unnecessarily prolonged the Vietnam War for political reasons would have left him standing at the starting gate in the primaries.

Kissinger As Secretary general Of The UN?

Well instead? Indeed could somebody from a permanent security concil member state or with links to one ie Kissinger ever have become UN secretary general?