AHC BNP Election Victory

Your challenge if you choose to except it is have the 'contempory' British National Party to become the ruling party in Westminster.
Requirements
1) Have Nick Griffen as Prime Minister
2) Have a party membership of at least 15,000
3) Include usage of actual BNP policy
4) No ASB
5) No spam or bias included with posts
Best of luck everyone
E.N

Not possible without ASBs. I'm inclined to say that even a small parliamentary BNP becoming part of a coalition is ASB too, because all other parties would refuse to work with them.

Perhaps if you have a massive Islamic terrorist attack on the UK, possibly involving nukes, then the country would shift hugely to the right. Then have the European Union suffer a huge military disaster in Africa or the Middle East with hundreds/thousands of British casualties then it might be possible, but even then it's doubtful. Anyway, if Griffin did anything too drastic like internment camps for foreigners or something then the military would step in and forcibly remove him from office.

Not possible without ASBs. I'm inclined to say that even a small parliamentary BNP becoming part of a coalition is ASB too, because all other parties would refuse to work with them.

Cordon Sanitaire, innit. Even the People's Nige wouldn't form a coalition with the BNP.

Given the mercifully miserable electoral record of British Fascism, the only way I can see them getting an MP post WWII is if Margaret Thatcher doesn't become leader of the Tories and Alan Clark goes full retard and defects to the NF about 1977 - which he hints at in his early diaries a couple of times. Getting into Government, well, that's heading off into ASB, especially with the former leadership.

the BNP even winning one seat is ASB.

A few years ago I think they could possibly have picked up a couple of seats. Now the 'acceptable' parts of their policies have been taken by UKIP and the BNP have far too much against them to ever think of winning seats.

Outside of some massive events to change things - a huge upswing in Islamic terrorism in the UK for example - I don't think the BNP will ever win a seat now.

Here's one

Pakistan collapses and forgien millitaries intervene in the worst gurrila war since Vietnam

Al queada/IS takes three nukes and bombs Manchester, The Chunnel and London killing parliament

They win big victories and eventualy collation with UKIP and Tories and take over the government soon after

Orry

Donor
Monthly Donor
Here's one

Pakistan collapses and forgien millitaries intervene in the worst gurrila war since Vietnam

Al queada/IS takes three nukes and bombs Manchester, The Chunnel and London killing parliament

They win big victories and eventualy collation with UKIP and Tories and take over the government soon after

But UKIP and the Tories would not form a coalition with them - the BNP are beyond the Pale for any party that hopes to have influence in Parliament.

You would need to change the whole rational of the BNP maybe make it culturalist rather than racist - but that would be ASB territory as well.

Fletch

Kicked
Your challenge if you choose to except it is have the 'contempory' British National Party to become the ruling party in Westminster.
Requirements
1) Have Nick Griffen as Prime Minister
2) Have a party membership of at least 15,000
3) Include usage of actual BNP policy
4) No ASB
5) No spam or bias included with posts
Best of luck everyone
E.N
Given your username, what is your opinion on the desirability of this?

ASB is the only way you could do this. You could at a push get a few BNP MPs, depending on the voting system but that would be the limit.

Here's one

A unity government is formed from all surviving politicians and we're in such a state of emergency that the BNP probably gets cracked down and most of the members arrested when they start going around attacking ethnic minorities.

GeographyDude

Gone Fishin'
You would need to change the whole rational of the BNP maybe make it culturalist rather than racist - but that would be ASB territory as well.
That's what I was thinking. You kind of 'nice-ify' them. So, instead of a bunch of fascist fuckers, they get into bread-and-butter economics and they do a surprisingly good job of it. They even say, hey, we're not against people from other countries, we just want there to be enough good jobs for our young people coming up today. ASBs? Probably.

What about in 1964 Enoch Powell, Member of Parliament
for Wolverhampton South West, and Peter Griffiths, MP for Smethwick, set up the British National Party, after their conservative colleges denounce, their ideology.

This BNP is stronger and last longer meaning in 2007, Nick Griffin wins the election, becoming the first Prime Minister from the BNP.

Unlike certain European right-wing extremists who came into government in the last 15 years (think of Austria and Italy), Griffin isn't the populist type who could attract City business people, the jobless and middle-class moderates alike. So I guess it could only work with a somehow tamed down version of Griffin, if the BNP already became a mainstream party earlier. Possibly with more IRA terrorism and more violent inner-city riots in the 1970s and 1980s, combined with Thatcherist economic policy.

There's a concept among right-wing intellectuals called "ethno-pluralism", which basically argues that all cultures are fundamentally different, but have the right to exist within their own boundaries. For the BNP, this would give them an opportunity to ally themselves with Islamists to set up strict borders between different ethnic communities. I can't see how this would make them somehow more mainstream, though.

There's a concept among right-wing intellectuals called "ethno-pluralism", which basically argues that all cultures are fundamentally different, but have the right to exist within their own boundaries. For the BNP, this would give them an opportunity to ally themselves with Islamists to set up strict borders between different ethnic communities. I can't see how this would make them somehow more mainstream, though.
Yeah it's not just europe look up the relationship between the Nation of Islam and American nazi party

Like others said above, it would involve a huge terrorist attack rivaling if not worse than 9/11 to give the BNP any traction to win more than one seat.

It's completely ASB/or a fascist wank to give them anything more than 4 seats at most, though.

That's what I was thinking. You kind of 'nice-ify' them. So, instead of a bunch of fascist fuckers, they get into bread-and-butter economics and they do a surprisingly good job of it. They even say, hey, we're not against people from other countries, we just want there to be enough good jobs for our young people coming up today. ASBs? Probably.
So basically they would just become the UKIP?

This makes the National Front timelines look plausible.

I suppose if the BNP went the French FN route they *might* have a shot if the country really had gone to shit, but that would imply new leadership anyway.

Even in the aftermath of the First World War and in the depths of the Depression, radicalism like that did not get much traction in Britain.

Not possible without ASBs.

Agreed. You'd need to have some really big PODs going back to at least the 1970s - something to ramp up ethnic tensions, something to undermine other political parties - to have the BNP win but if they were that big a force, the hell would Nick Griffin be the party leader? They'd have someone who was competent and charismatic.

Redux

Pakistan collapses and forgien millitaries intervene in the worst gurrila war since Vietnam and nukes are stolen

Al queada/IS takes 15 nukes and bombs Manchester,Glasglow, Edinburg, Belfast, Leeds, Brighamin The Chunnel and 8 on London killing all of parliament

Soon after Russia invades europe and with an isolationsit USA, takes Balts and Ukraine.

IRA come back and steal a nuke from Pakistan, and bomb Liverpool.

Bascicly ASBs