The Shield of Liberty

Asami

Banned
The Shield of Liberty
Reboot of "The Land of Freedom", a Turtledove Award-winning timeline.

640px-US_flag_13_stars_%E2%80%93_Betsy_Ross.svg.png

"We strive collectively toward every ounce of progress we have attained to. We do it because it is difficult, and because of it's rich rewards. We do not seek to be declared great, because greatness is built from the toil of one's own work, and is determined by what one does for others in the universe. What do we Rhodesians do for the world? That question, can truly be answered in the simplest of ways. We take pride in the building of a nation. We take pride in the brotherhood we have formed, and we take pride knowing we are the unbreakable Sword of Freedom, and the unfathomable Shield of Liberty."

This is the new thread for the Land of Freedom reboot! Woohoo! :D

Last edited:
The best TL names are ones that have both an intangible concept and a tangible concept as main focuses in the timeline title. My major timeline, The Faraway Kingdom, only has the material thing. Shoulda added something like the "Kingdom of Prosperity", or something. Anyway, this TL fills both. Congrats, I guess. :p:D

A little advice Sakura, before you start writing: ask some of the older members of the board for information about the time.

With enough research, effort, and coffee, you might be able to get to MR levels of plain awesomeness. :eek:

Speaking of which, Jonathan Edelstein might be able to help you for the initial setting, for starters.

Asami

Banned
I did ask him, he's going to look over TLoF in the next couple weeks. So this won't be updated until he's gotten back to me. (except for maybe a prologue about the Seven Years War).

Wow. SUBSCRIBED. :D

Now, now, you are seeking the sage advice of JE then! :D He'll help you out about things I'm sure. Most of my previous proposals about Georgian oriented Post-Westphalianist expansionism for the reboot came from reading Male Rising honestly.

Don't update things too fast for the sake of updating. You don't need to prove a lot anymore that you won a Turtledove out of this concept. Just make every update count by leaving us salivating in its awesomeness and getting giddy in waiting for another update. :) I came very late in knowing about TLoF so I still haven't experienced waiting anxiously and constantly about updates. I already first saw TLoF when the latest update is the Anti-Corruption Campaign then it got rebooted eventually.

I wish you the best, man.

YES!!! It's rebooted!!! I was so disappointed when TLOF ended. I hope that this reboot will be more detailed and go more in depth than TLOF.

Please no excessive alt-American wank. Your previous story had such a great beginning but went all ASB too soon.

Subscribed.

Oh yeah, it's already here! I'm going to be following this timeline closely…

Here's to you, Sakura_F, hoping this reboot will outdo the original in awesomeness! :D

Just one thing… are you going to be putting an eagle in the Georgian flag or is this the official flag as of present day? I hope the former...