WWI questions re: Netherlands

Since in OTL WW1 the Netherlands remained neutral but was both pro-german and pro-british what could make the Netherlands get involved in the war? Though if it joined the CP it should end up with a status-quo ante regarding teriitory and if joined the Entente it should recieve no territory from germany other than perhaps colonies. Assuming all in all that Dutch participation cannot affect the ending of the war.

preverably resulting in an anti-american and anti-communist stance post war?

Also how would Queen Wilhelmina change her demeanor if she'd had a son (instead of Juliana) to carry on her line during said war?

As to the USA, would it be possible for the USA to ban the German language on her home turf, prevent new immigrants to be Germans or German-Austrians and stimulate the German-Americans who don't want to integrate (as in speak English only and sign a document denouncing their germanness) to leave? Or any of these three?

Since in OTL WW1 the Netherlands remained neutral but was both pro-german and pro-british what could make the Netherlands get involved in the war? Though if it joined the CP it should end up with a status-quo ante regarding teriitory and if joined the Entente it should recieve no territory from germany other than perhaps colonies. Assuming all in all that Dutch participation cannot affect the ending of the war.

preverably resulting in an anti-american and anti-communist stance post war?

Also how would Queen Wilhelmina change her demeanor if she'd had a son (instead of Juliana) to carry on her line during said war?

As to the USA, would it be possible for the USA to ban the German language on her home turf, prevent new immigrants to be Germans or German-Austrians and stimulate the German-Americans who don't want to integrate (as in speak English only and sign a document denouncing their germanness) to leave? Or any of these three?

For the Netherlands half, you want them to join the war and if on the wrong side to lose... Nothing? The Entente was not in a forgiving mood at Versailles. Belgium will get at least Noord Brabant, possibly Limburg. No way you keep everything on the losing side.

Dutch neutrality was the best thing. Join the Entente and be invaded by Germans, join the CP and get starved by the British then dismembered at the treaty table.

As for the US part, didn't German as a major language die out as a result of WW1? ( I mean what would these measures achieve or hope to achieve that wasn't done iotl)

For the Netherlands half, you want them to join the war and if on the wrong side to lose... Nothing? The Entente was not in a forgiving mood at Versailles. Belgium will get at least Noord Brabant, possibly Limburg. No way you keep everything on the losing side.

Dutch neutrality was the best thing. Join the Entente and be invaded by Germans, join the CP and get starved by the British then dismembered at the treaty table.

As for the US part, didn't German as a major language die out as a result of WW1? ( I mean what would these measures achieve or hope to achieve that wasn't done iotl)

Though if it joined the CP it should end up with a status-quo ante regarding teriitory and if joined the Entente it should recieve no territory from germany other than perhaps colonies.

I am not stating they should join the CP, I said they should join either of the two without gaining or losing anything in the end. As in a German mistake makes Dutch public opinion go pro-war against Germany or, the Entente invades and topple the Dutch goverment or at least force them to join the Entente like in Greece or a mistake makes the Netherlands declare war but the Entente accepts that it was their fault and accepts a status-ante peace.

Whatever is more likely and most probable to result in the Netherlands going introvert with a strong dislike for the USA, for whatever reason. I was litraly asking for what would work best to get my desired outcome.

I am not stating they should join the CP, I said they should join either of the two without gaining or losing anything in the end. As in a German mistake makes Dutch public opinion go pro-war against Germany or, the Entente invades and topple the Dutch goverment or at least force them to join the Entente like in Greece or a mistake makes the Netherlands declare war but the Entente accepts that it was their fault and accepts a status-ante peace.

Whatever is more likely and most probable to result in the Netherlands going introvert with a strong dislike for the USA, for whatever reason.

I decided to answer on if the Netherlands joined the CP because the proviso that no territorial losses would occur seems fairly unlikely.

Given how the Allies tore apart/ stripped away a stupid amount of territory from the losers I sincerely doubt the premise. Perhaps Americans pushing for Belgium to receive the South, all of Zeeland, Noord Brabant and Limburg would cause the emnity you are after, but why would they? Not sure. Of the Victorious Allies they were arguably the least interested in punitive measures?
Perhaps the Dutch perform amazingly against the Americans and kill large amounts of US troops?

The Entente admiting that they did somethig wrong in WWI?

Um, sorry if I am sceptical in that. They had a full blown dictated peace treaty at the end. If they admitted that they did something wrong, than that opens doors that they would rather stay closed.
Because if they admited to one thing, then cynic people would begin to question some others as well.

As to how the Netherlands could "help" in a CP way... loud protest against the British blockade of the whole of Europe. Maybe together with the Nordic Countrys and Denmark.

On the side of the Entente? Hard to do anything before 1918. Maybe if substantial resources were given than they could. But they were a dagger into the German Industrial Heart. So the German reaction would be swift and serve.

So as it is there is no reason, no possibility which is not ASB to join the war and come out unscathed or join the war and gain nothing at all?

I kind of want to find a way to force the Netherlands to build up her army and navy and the best way should be have them tossed around during WW1 and show that neutrality without having the means to defend oneself is a death sentence.

In OTL the fact that we escaped the Great War meant that we thought we would escape all others in the same way, which was proven the downfall of the Dutch Empire.

So as it is there is no reason, no possibility which is not ASB to join the war and come out unscathed or join the war and gain nothing at all?

I kind of want to find a way to force the Netherlands to build up her army and navy and the best way should be have them tossed around during WW1 and show that neutrality without having the means to defend oneself is a death sentence.

In OTL the fact that we escaped the Great War meant that we thought we would escape all others in the same way, which was proven the downfall of the Dutch Empire.

Joining the Entente means certain attack by Germany. No way the Dutch don't want something for the pain. What they could get is debatable, bits of Germany perhaps. But nothing makes the whole exercise pointless.

Ultimately it would probably result in a focus on the armed forces as Germany would have smashed the military in the Netherlands. So a dramatic reorganization would likely have occured. Where are you going with this if you don't mind me asking?

Joining the Entente means certain attack by Germany. No way the Dutch don't want something for the pain. What they could get is debatable, bits of Germany perhaps. But nothing makes the whole exercise pointless.

Ultimately it would probably result in a focus on the armed forces as Germany would have smashed the military in the Netherlands. So a dramatic reorganization would likely have occured. Where are you going with this if you don't mind me asking?

I want to write a TL with a fascist Netherlands which remains Neutral in the inevitable WW2 (which happens mostly like OTL) because it is capable of defending itself because of a strong Army, Airforce and capable Navy. A nation in which the Dutch King is a strong, good and loved monarch, not necessarily an absolute monarch but a strong one none the less. A Netherlands that has maintained her Empire in some form, by managing to colonize certain bits of Indonesia and as such retaining enclaves there and also maintaining her Caribbean possessions.

Well, the problem is that Belgium would desperately want to avoid a large influx of dutch speakers, since that would irrevocably shift the french/vlaams balance.

Reparations - yes please, minor border corrections - ok, whole counties - no way.

First of all no matter which side the Dutch favored. The most favored side would be neutral, since nearly every body agreed that nothing was to gain with a war but much to lose.
For Germany it was most critical to keep the Dutch out of the war how ever this diminished considerable after 1917. At the later stage of the conflict when the British blockade hurt the Dutch economy and supply as hard as the German there was several time Germany threaten to invade the Netherlands.
For the British it would be most convenient if the Netherlands would joint their side from the start of the conflict. Nearly half of the population favored the British, and after the invasion of Belgium the Allied side found an increase in popularity if it may called.
It would be interesting to contemplate what would happen if the Netherlands, join the war in the earlier stage of the conflict at the Allied side, or later when their economy buckled under the pressure of the blockade.

Well, the problem is that Belgium would desperately want to avoid a large influx of dutch speakers, since that would irrevocably shift the french/vlaams balance.

Reparations - yes please, minor border corrections - ok, whole counties - no way.

But didn't they call for taking a chunk of Zeeland IOTL - despite Dutch neutrality?