AHC: Have Patton shoot Hitler.

Your challenge should you choose to accept it is to have George. S. Patton end up not only leading the 3rd Army into Berlin ahead of the Soviet's but also as he said in his famous speech to the 3rd Army have him shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler.

The PoD can be no earlier then US entry into the war. Bonus points if you can get Patton in charge instead of Ike as well.

Edit: Damnit can some add the r to Hitler's name please.

Second edit. Never mind figured out how to edit titles.

Heinz doesn't get captured on the Eastern Front and is involved in the western defences of the Reich following D-Day, whereupon he instead gets captured by the Americans, breaks out and attempts to challenge Patton and gets shot for his trouble.

Hey, you never said which Hitler. ;)

After Hitler's capture by US forces he kills himself while in custody. Patton oversees his burial at which time he shoots the corpse in order to "keep his word about shooting that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch."

Yuelang

Banned
Americans break into Berlin ahead of Soviets (who bogged down in East Germany for some reasons...)

Instead of ending his life in suicide, Adolf Hitler tries to escape, but his convoy bumped with Patton's and firefight ensues.

Patton actually get shot (not by Hitler) at his leg, and he also lost several of his closest and most trusted men, but still most of the Nazi guards are dead, and Hitler is cowering inside his car.

Patton limped toward Hitler, and he brutally savaged Hitler in melee (partially because the lost of his men), while some other Allied soldier actually tell him that the high command want Hitler alive for trial, Patton decides to said "Tell Eisenhower, I choose to kill this son of a bitch." before shot Hitler several times until death. And then, Patton limped into his command vehicle and order what was left of his men to cut Hitler's head and bring it to Eisenhower.

The soldiers, knowing that if they tell the others about this could result in court martial for Patton, decides to tell the high command about how Hitler "Fought fiercely till the end and refuse to surrender, up to the point that he shoot General Patton in his leg, so Patton shoot him in self defense." and they actually carry the entire body of Hitler (instead of his head like what Patton want)

Patton get one more medal and he become stuff of even more legend.

It's possible, maybe. In Oct 1941 Patton is mostly out of fuel, and Montgomery gets all of it. Maybe, Patton gets the fuel and does his all-out blitz through the Westwall and on sheer inertia goes for Berlin, making it there in 10 days. Hitler, knowing reserves are rushing in, stays in Berlin to contain the situation and hopefully destroy a whole American army group (perhaps getting an armistice with the west.) Patton is all out, and personally fights with his men into the Reich Chancellery building, and in the fire fight shoots Hitler personally. Hitler, like a movie bad guy, fires his last shot. Germany surrenders as a result, but Patton is dead, the bullet hit him right in the nose. At least, he died in the last battle, in the last bullet, in the last war.

nbcman

Donor
It would be more likely that Patton would have an opportunity to kill Hitler if he fled Berlin for the Berghof in Bavaria. The US Third Army's axis of advance was toward Bavaria and Bohemia-to get the US 3rd Army to Berlin it would have to cross in front of the US 1st and 9th Army. Maybe Patton could catch AH enroute in Bavaria as it was elements of the US Seventh Army that captured the Berchtesgaden area in OTL.

Patton is all out, and personally fights with his men into the Reich Chancellery building, and in the fire fight shoots Hitler personally. Hitler, like a movie bad guy, fires his last shot. Germany surrenders as a result, but Patton is dead, the bullet hit him right in the nose. At least, he died in the last battle, in the last bullet, in the last war.
As radical as that would be, I honestly doubt that Hitler was fit enough to go off the fucking chain and start jumping through the air while firing dual Walther PPKs in the last days of the war.

NEW TECHNICOLOR EXTRAVAGANZA

HITLER
A Cecil B DeMille Production
Starring Charlie Chaplin as Hitler
Directed by Cecil B DeMille
Produced by George C Patton

"I said I'd shoot the SOB, I didn't say I'd use a gun!"

Americans break into Berlin ahead of Soviets (who bogged down in East Germany for some reasons...)

Instead of ending his life in suicide, Adolf Hitler tries to escape, but his convoy bumped with Patton's and firefight ensues.

Patton actually get shot (not by Hitler) at his leg, and he also lost several of his closest and most trusted men, but still most of the Nazi guards are dead, and Hitler is cowering inside his car.

Patton limped toward Hitler, and he brutally savaged Hitler in melee (partially because the lost of his men), while some other Allied soldier actually tell him that the high command want Hitler alive for trial, Patton decides to said "Tell Eisenhower, I choose to kill this son of a bitch." before shot Hitler several times until death. And then, Patton limped into his command vehicle and order what was left of his men to cut Hitler's head and bring it to Eisenhower.

The soldiers, knowing that if they tell the others about this could result in court martial for Patton, decides to tell the high command about how Hitler "Fought fiercely till the end and refuse to surrender, up to the point that he shoot General Patton in his leg, so Patton shoot him in self defense." and they actually carry the entire body of Hitler (instead of his head like what Patton want)

Patton get one more medal and he become stuff of even more legend.

If the original Call of Duty games were made like the new Call of Duty games, they would be like this.

As radical as that would be, I honestly doubt that Hitler was fit enough to go off the fucking chain and start jumping through the air while firing dual Walther PPKs in the last days of the war.

FFS you just made Hitler cool. I hope you're happy with yourself.

jahenders

Banned
Two main options:
1) The allies don't agree that Russia will take Berlin and instead it's a pure race. Then the Russians get bogged down while Patton is allowed to "run free" and gets there first.

2) Hitler flees West and 3rd Army pens them in somewhere.

In either case, as the 3rd Army closes on Hitler's headquarters, he takes poison, but he's still alive when Patton breaks in. Patton reports to Ike, "I found Hitler but the coward had taken poison and was in near death spasms and couldn't be saved. I shot him to put him out of our misery."

For Patton to have been given more leeway, he'd probably have had to avoid some of his political missteps (slapping the wounded soldier, saying that we and the Brits would rule the world, etc). That would probably have got him into Overlord sooner, increased his prestige, possibly put him on par with Bradley (instead of his subordinate), and got him more resources.

What if Hitler and Patton get in a firefight in Hitler's train, and they punch the crap out of each other on the roof while it is moving? Was Hitler healthy enough to do that?

What if Hitler and Patton get in a firefight in Hitler's train, and they punch the crap out of each other on the roof while it is moving? Was Hitler healthy enough to do that?

Then Hitler uses Patton's compassion to put him off guard and knock him to the roof of the train car. Hitler stands over Patton preparing to shoot him and asks if Patton has any last words. Patton says something quippy just before the train tunnel crushes the distracted Hitler.

I feel like I've seen this movie in my dreams.

Then Hitler uses Patton's compassion to put him off guard and knock him to the roof of the train car. Hitler stands over Patton preparing to shoot him and asks if Patton has any last words. Patton says something quippy just before the train tunnel crushes the distracted Hitler.

Is Hitler played by Dennis Hopper by any chance? ;)

How about this: As Hitler asks if Patton has any last words, Patton kicks Hitler in the ball(Hitler only has one), snatches his pistol, says,"Bye bye, motherfucker" and shoots Hitler in the head.

How about this: As Hitler asks if Patton hs any last words, Patton kicks Hitler in the ball(Hitler only has one), snatches his pistol, says,"Bye bye, motherfucker" and shoots Hitler in the head.

Still doesn't beat out Alec Trevelyan getting crushed by a Satellite Dish...

It's possible, maybe. In Oct 1941 Patton is mostly out of fuel, and Montgomery gets all of it. Maybe, Patton gets the fuel and does his all-out blitz through the Westwall and on sheer inertia goes for Berlin, making it there in 10 days. Hitler, knowing reserves are rushing in, stays in Berlin to contain the situation and hopefully destroy a whole American army group (perhaps getting an armistice with the west.) Patton is all out, and personally fights with his men into the Reich Chancellery building, and in the fire fight shoots Hitler personally. Hitler, like a movie bad guy, fires his last shot. Germany surrenders as a result, but Patton is dead, the bullet hit him right in the nose. At least, he died in the last battle, in the last bullet, in the last war.

This would be absolutely spectacular. But what if the war didn't end because of it? The Germans might not just collapse.