AHC: Largest Possible Rastafarianism

In my Mirror Universe, I am attempting to make Rastafarianism a more major religion. What sort of PODs would allow that, and what is the maximum possible extent of the religion at the present day?

It doesn't need that big a POD more a change in outlook. Had the Rastafarian's been more evangelical in spreading their beliefs then the immigration of large numbers of Caribbean people to the UK in the 50s and 60s could have allowed the religion to spread to the general British population. Especially if its considered cool in the swinging 60s. If this trend was replicated whereevwer theirs a large Rastafarian population than inroads would be made both in western Europe and the USA.

It doesn't need that big a POD more a change in outlook. Had the Rastafarian's been more evangelical in spreading their beliefs then the immigration of large numbers of Caribbean people to the UK in the 50s and 60s could have allowed the religion to spread to the general British population. Especially if its considered cool in the swinging 60s. If this trend was replicated whereevwer theirs a large Rastafarian population than inroads would be made both in western Europe and the USA.
Worshiping a deposed Ethiopian Emperor is going to become popular? Really?

And yet plenty of people believe in sillier things like Scientology, Witchcraft, and Jedi Knights!

In the 60's being cool went a long way and many young people dabbled/took up different faiths and lifestyles.

And yet plenty of people believe in sillier things like Scientology, Witchcraft, and Jedi Knights!

In the 60's being cool went a long way and many young people dabbled/took up different faiths and lifestyles.

Scientology, Witchcraft and Jedis are based on imaginary sources. Rastafarianism is based on a real guy, who failed miserably.

And I'm fairly certain Jedi is a parody religion that only a hand full of people actually take seriously

But back to the main question. For Black Americans, if you can shake their faith in Christianity or have them become disillusioned with the faith then perhaps they could turn to Rasta as an alternative, though you might want to get rid of Nation of Islam as they might complicate things. Then again it could help too