Border between Maine and Nova Scotia

Going along the lines of my earlier Quebec Borders thread, let's assume that somehow Nova Scotia, Quebec, etc. are included as part of the American Rebellion and win. Okay.

We know that IOTL the border between Maine and Nova Scotia was disputed for years until Daniel Webster finally took over and made a deal.

But what if, as I'm proposing, Nova Scotia is part of the US? Considering the US called for the colonies to give up land claims to sparsely populated areas, what would become of the Maine/Nova Scotia border? Would Nova Scotia release claims to OTL New Brunswick? We know that Massachusetts would be likely to keep Maine as it did IOTL.

So if the border battle came up in court, say, Nova Scotia vs. Massachusetts or something like that, what would be the most likely ruling as to the border of Maine/Nova Scotia or Maine/(TTL's Equivalent to New Brunswick)?

Going along the lines of my earlier Quebec Borders thread, let's assume that somehow Nova Scotia, Quebec, etc. are included as part of the American Rebellion and win. Okay.

We know that IOTL the border between Maine and Nova Scotia was disputed for years until Daniel Webster finally took over and made a deal.

But what if, as I'm proposing, Nova Scotia is part of the US? Considering the US called for the colonies to give up land claims to sparsely populated areas, what would become of the Maine/Nova Scotia border? Would Nova Scotia release claims to OTL New Brunswick? We know that Massachusetts would be likely to keep Maine as it did IOTL.

So if the border battle came up in court, say, Nova Scotia vs. Massachusetts or something like that, what would be the most likely ruling as to the border of Maine/Nova Scotia or Maine/(TTL's Equivalent to New Brunswick)?

Though I doubt that Massachusetts would be willing to give up its claim on Maine as early as the 1780's or 90's, it might happen earlier in a TL where Nova Scotia gives up its claim to the OTL New Brunswick region, which might well happen in the 1790's (following the example of Virginia & North Carolina). Perhaps, along with Ohio, we'd have Maine & "Washington" (for lack of a better name for TTL's N.B., though it was known as Sunbury County, N.S. after 1765 and before becoming N.B.) joining the union as states during the 1st decade of the 19th century. At any rate, I imagine that Maine's northern border would end up looking much like the one we know, though it could be closer to the St. John's than it is in OTL. Depending on where the initial line is drawn in the 1780s there could be a dispute over the islands in Passamaquoddy Bay for the courts to decide.

The biggest reason that NS is not part of the US was the British army sitting in the fort at Halifax.

The biggest reason that NS is not part of the US was the British army sitting in the fort at Halifax.

I know, but I'm not going for the "how is NS part of the US", more of the "border dispute between NS and MA".
Though I doubt that Massachusetts would be willing to give up its claim on Maine as early as the 1780's or 90's, it might happen earlier in a TL where Nova Scotia gives up its claim to the OTL New Brunswick region, which might well happen in the 1790's (following the example of Virginia & North Carolina). Perhaps, along with Ohio, we'd have Maine & "Washington" (for lack of a better name for TTL's N.B., though it was known as Sunbury County, N.S. after 1765 and before becoming N.B.) joining the union as states during the 1st decade of the 19th century. At any rate, I imagine that Maine's northern border would end up looking much like the one we know, though it could be closer to the St. John's than it is in OTL. Depending on where the initial line is drawn in the 1780s there could be a dispute over the islands in Passamaquoddy Bay for the courts to decide.

Hm. Thank you.