Alternate Weapons of War thread...

Does anyone want to give this a try? I'll have a few ideas or pictures later on today but now it's time to sleep before I puke cuz I'm way tired. :p

Austrian - built STUG I enroute to Carpathians where the High Command hopes to stave off another Russian offensive...

stug_1.jpg

Hapsburg

Banned
Franz Josef II said:
Does anyone want to give this a try? I'll have a few ideas or pictures later on today but now it's time to sleep before I puke cuz I'm way tired. :p
I have some stuff from my Sci-Fi universe. Does that count?

Standard infantry weapons of the Central Galactic Union Army:

AC-150C Light Automatic Cannon (6280+)
ac150autocannontk8.png

Manufacturer: Heckler und Koch Waffenfabrik; Mass: 10 kilograms; Ammunition: 12.7mmx99mm M1140 AP Armor-Piercing Projectiles; Magazine capacity: 50 rounds; Range: 600-1000 meters; The regular infantry weapon, the AC-150 is a light automatic cannon, and can be modified with various scopes, barrels, stocks, and grips. It is heavy to many unarmored soldiers, but to an infantryman wearing powered battlearmor, the AC-150C is an effective antipersonnel weapon.

G93A3 Individial Combat Assault Rifle Universal-purpose System (6327+)
g93a3icarusji8.png

Manufacturer: Heckler und Koch Waffenfabrik; Mass: 4 kilograms; Ammunition: 9mmx45mm M401CHEAP Caseless High-Explosive Armor-Penetrating Projectiles; Magazine capacity: 80 rounds; Range: 550-900 meters; Designed to replace the AC-150, the ICARUS is a state-of-the-art combat rifle. It uses caseless ammunition to hold more rounds in a smaller clip. It is smaller and less unwieldy than the AC-150, and lighter to boot. It is fast seeing service in the Union Army.

Hapsburg

Banned
Amerigo Vespucci said:
Holy hell... 12.7x99? You'd be able to carry about 12 rounds...
Read it again. The box mag carries 50 rounds. The gun very long, though.
Remember, this is the 6300s we're talking about. Powered armor has been developed and been in use for some time now. The standard infantry have armor that makes them basically Halo SPARTANs. With the armor's enhanced synthetic musculature, they are able to handle the recoil of a .50-cal autorifle.
They'll need to, considering the alien species the CGU is waging a war against, the Zaaroft, are 3-5 meters tall, and wear even heavier armor and shielding, and use large pulse-lasers and wide energy swords as weapons.

9765162381ly2.jpg

A Sir Samual Colt "peacemaker." Given to famous Mounted Police such as Wyatt Earp, Pat Garrett, and others. It was weapons like these which helped the British Empire spread out to the West Coast. It also kept the spirit of the duel alive in the more savage west of the Americas.

rifle1lo3.jpg

The American M-24 railgun. Using speacial rounds this gun can fire through three inches of steel. Primarily used as a sniper rifle.

penknife20gun20in20hand3nk2.jpg

The extermely rare costum "pengun" of master terrorist Gavrilo Princip. It was used to spark the fourth Balkan war after killing Emperor Franz Joesph in 1924.

HueyLong

Banned
If you don't change the design drasticlaly, it never will be........

Anyways, sorry to interrupt the flow. And Fenwick, fow did you get those pics? Models of your own make?

atar5pf.png

Colt M32 Advanced Tactical Assault Rifle, first built 2038. The M32 has a 6.5x40mm caseless high-velocity round (40 rounds standard) with a variety of underbarrel attachments, and an integrated digital scope that can link to the soldier's helmet. It is sold to virtually all US allies.

Wolverine Mk I Super Heavy Battle Tank
pacprop5gz.png

Pictured in PAC propaganda in the late 2060s. During the many years of the War for Sovereignty, the Wolverine served to break the stalemate in Mexico and, in the final stages of the war, roll into Europe and the Mideast under a variety of flags as later versions were built. The Wolverine massed 500-600 tons depending on loadout, and used a turreted linear railgun (along with a variety of other arms and subturrets) to destroy virtually anything in its path. It had an onboard carbon 'near' AI that helped out the crew, and was powered by a compact PBMR. It was particularly useful because the massive size gave room for enough radiation shielding to negate all but the strongest EMP blasts.

Hapsburg

Banned
DCC-221A6 Beam Rifle, also from my CGU universe. First sees service in 6298.
beamriflecrosssectionnk2.png

Manufactuer: Defensive Fighting Systems; Mass: 6.7 kilograms; Munition: proton bolts or grenades; Output: 100 kilojoules per-shot; Capacity: 60 particle bolts, 6 grenades; Range: 400 meters; Special-issue high-performance directed-energy firearm for CGU NCOs and officers. The DCC-221A6 is fast entering active line service, and has been proven to be an effective and deadly weapon of a new era of military technology.

frenchexp1860reducta0.jpg

French Steam Rig 1850's.

turkflamingkettle1886reduchg1.jpg

Turkish "Flamming Kettle." 1880's

earlyusrig1890reducas3.jpg

US steam rig 1890.

crownofsaxonyreduckz8.jpg

English "Crown of Saxony" 1894.

@ Blochead

500 - 600 tons! What roads can it go on without falling into the sewer in Europe? Reminds me of a German Self Propeled Artillery that the Soviet Infantry would run around in circles and laugh at once all the others were dead. And what's it speed?

Mojo said:
@ Blochead

500 - 600 tons! What roads can it go on without falling into the sewer in Europe? Reminds me of a German Self Propeled Artillery that the Soviet Infantry would run around in circles and laugh at once all the others were dead. And what's it speed?

Well, it actually has a ground pressure about equal to the M1 Abrams, due to the extremely large tread areas. So it can go pretty much anywhere a modern MBT can go. And its nuclear reactor gives it plenty of power so it can move at about 30 kph maximum, 40 if you don't mind the seismic effects too much.

Hapsburg

Banned
If it's vehicles you're looking for...:D
cgucockroachclassarmedmobilebasegf4.png

Cockroach-class Armed Mobile Base
Manufacturer: Krupp Armor Works
Height: 15.8 meters
Length: 80.7 meters
Mass: 500 tons
Armament: 2 x DFS PPR7 405mm Heavy Repeating Beam Cannons, 2 x DFS K88 100mm Heavy Autolaser Batteries, 6 x Rheinmetall FLAK10 55mm Antiaircraft Cannons, 10 x GMS SAM8 Surface-to-Air Missile turrets. 18 x DFS VK21/C3 155mm Dual Beam Cannons, 4 x Mauser GK7E 200mm Railguns, 12 x Rheinmetall MG161 Machine-guns, 2 x DFS LK11D 135mm Triple Laser Batteries, 1 x DFS K7k 100mm Twin Autolaser Emplacement, 200 x GMS 500mm Vertical-Launch Cruise Missiles
Speed: 22 kph
Armor: 30cm Titanium-V plating, 200 RU
Shields: 500 SBD

It reminds me of an ATAT from Empire Strikes back. You could wrap a tow cable around the legs (judging by the drawing, they look to be at least 7.5 meters high) and you might be able to trip it up. The center of gravity for such a machine is too high. It also has glaring weak points in the neck and body connectors, and if it is hit by some type of large caliber shell (AP), it might cause it to snap off from the main body. Not only that, how many people would you need to use such a vehicle?

Give it tracks instead of legs and you'd have a heck of a vehicle.