Strangest Grand Strategy gaming moments?

As it says in the title, what were some of the most strangest events to have happened to you in a Grand Strategy game?

For me it was in Europa Universalis III where I was England and I wanted to see what the rest of the world was like. So I looked around and saw southern Italy being taken over by France.

As it says in the title, what were some of the most strangest events to have happened to you in a Grand Strategy game?

For me it was in Europa Universalis III where I was England and I wanted to see what the rest of the world was like. So I looked around and saw southern Italy being taken over by France.

There was nearly a Sultan of England once in a Crusader Kings II Ireland game I had, since England adopted seniority succession. Unfortunately, the old king outlived the Shia heir! :(

HOI 2. I was playing a mod that put unified Scandinavia in, just for kicks. Played as them, made it, joined the Axis. Long story short, Germany pulled Sealion successfully and brought the USA into the war, Barbarossa got bugged somehow so the peace event never fired and me and Germany ended up conquering the entirety of the USSR, then helping Japan conquer China, and the first nuclear weapons were used on Iwo Jima. Because reasons.

Might be my fault for using a mod.

The Partition of China. :p

zkDcMlO.jpg

Let’s see if I can explain the northeast… North Korea and South Korea went to war, but the only result was a switch in capitals.

That’s right, South Korea annexed Pyongyang and North Korea annexed Seoul. I don’t have a screenshot, but that seriously happened.

Eventually the South apparently annexed the North and Korea formed, capital at Seoul… But the North didn’t seem to like that and broke free again.

A~nd then… South Korea broke free of Korea, but since they can’t take the capital of a nation, Korea kept Seoul.

uQ5b9ct.jpg

So Korea, North Korea, and South Korea. :D:cool:

The Partition of China. :p

Let’s see if I can explain the northeast… North Korea and South Korea went to war, but the only result was a switch in capitals.

That’s right, South Korea annexed Pyongyang and North Korea annexed Seoul. I don’t have a screenshot, but that seriously happened.

Eventually the South apparently annexed the North and Korea formed, capital at Seoul… But the North didn’t seem to like that and broke free again.

A~nd then… South Korea broke free of Korea, but since they can’t take the capital of a nation, Korea kept Seoul.

So Korea, North Korea, and South Korea. :D:cool:

What game is that HOI?

Last edited:
In a game of Hearts of Iron III. Without my prompt or interference forcing the CPU. I saw the United States declare war on the Soviet Union and land at Vladivostok (I was the Germans btw).

I ended up partitioning the country with the Americans before taking the rest of it once the White House declared war on me.

In Victoria II, one time the Central Americans were something like the sixth great power, and managed to build an Afghani Empire.

In a game of Hearts of Iron III. Without my prompt or interference forcing the CPU. I saw the United States declare war on the Soviet Union and land at Vladivostok (I was the Germans btw).

I ended up partitioning the country with the Americans before taking the rest of it once the White House declared war on me.

Why must I have boring games? I have Darkest Hour, and the only way for me to get weird results is to fuck around. :mad:

I mentioned this in the Victoria II thread, but here it is again:

The year was sometime in the early 1900s, and the Great Wars had just been discovered. Shortly thereafter the British Empire and Italy (Great Power 2 and 6 respectively) went to war with France and Russia (4 and 5). Shortly thereafter Germany (rank 3) declared war on France and Russia over something stupid. I was the United States (rank 1) and allied with Germany at the time, so I joined my ally and declared war on France and Russia.

Well I had forgotten that I was also preparing a conquest cassus belli on Venezuela, but it was finished about a month in, and since I didn't have any transports ready I went ahead and used it. Germany joined me in my conquest. Then Britain and Italy declared war against me in support of their Venezuelan ally (I hadn't actually checked if it had any allies at the time).

So yeah, we ended up with three Great Wars going on at the same time, or as I refered to it the three way Great War.

At the end amongst other things Italy was forced to give independence to both Sardinia-Piedmont and the Kingdom of Two Sicilies.

Grey Wolf

Donor

Madagascar colonised Siam

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

There was this one time, I was playing a free Iphone WWII GSG, and I was Francoist Spain, and I ended up conquering Britain, Scandinavia, Germany, and even had a stretch of land all the way back to Crimea (I, for some reason, was at war with the USSR). Meanwhile, Bulgaria had just conquered western Kazakhstan and the Caucasus and was moving towards Moscow and the Urals.

In a game of Medieval II: Total War, at one point Rome was conquered by the Turks, who held it against repeated counterattacks over several years until Venice seized it. In that same campaign, in which I played the Scots, hostilities between France and Milan led to Milan conquering almost all of France, except that which I took, including Caen, last holdout of the English. The last English heir, now a rebel commander, was willing to join me when he was offered cash and marriage into the King of Scotland's family, and then became one of Scotland's fiercest generals in two wars with the Milanese.

In a game of Empire: Total War, while playing as the Dutch and fighting to stay independent, I conquered mainland France and converted it to a stronghold of Protestant Christianity, while also taking ground in Italy.

Yes, that's right. Dutch Italy was actually a thing.