Touchdown Steelers! The Story of the Dan Marino Steelers.

So inspired by Pellegrino and his THE DAWG POUND DYNASTY: AN ALTERNATE HISTORY OF THE NFL story which I highly recommend(read it here) I finally decided to do the Dan Marino is drafted by Pittsburgh TL i've been mulling over. I'll get the first update out sometime tomorrow or Sunday.

Good to see more sports TLs. Subscribed. :D

Just do me a favor and throw in at least one Chicago Super Bowl win in the 1980s (preferably with Ditka as coach).

Damn, the NFL AH is getting bigger. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing for the NFL timeline I'm writing

Still will read with interest. It's nice to see more sports stories.

Subscribed. Always love anything NFL based. Interested to see how this pans out. Wonder what happens to Gabriel Rivera here. Hopefully something good. And do the Colts draft Elway against his wishes. Call me intrigued.

Subscribed. Always love anything NFL based. Interested to see how this pans out. Wonder what happens to Gabriel Rivera here. Hopefully something good. And do the Colts draft Elway against his wishes. Call me intrigued.

I've got something planned for Rivera don't worry about that.

I've got something planned for Rivera don't worry about that.

Good good good. Guy deserved better than his fate. If he can stay away from drinking and driving he would have been great. I think we all owe Pellegrino a huge debt for inspiring us to do our own ideas. I have no doubt this will be a wonderful read and in your own style.:)

Good good good. Guy deserved better than his fate. If he can stay away from drinking and driving he would have been great. I think we all owe Pellegrino a huge debt for inspiring us to do our own ideas. I have no doubt this will be a wonderful read and in your own style.:)

Yeah from what I can tell he is a genuinely nice guy and as you said deserved better then what happened to him.

Wait what? I'm intrigued

Gotta link link to that TL? Jordan is still considered the best though right?

I wrote it up and deleted it a few months ago. And yes, Jordan was still considered the best of all time in that TL, despite the fact that Kobe has more points all-time due to a longer career. IIRC, I used some kind of PoD to make Kobe's draft stock fall even further than it did in OTL (in OTL, he was drafted 13th, which is just crazytown bananapants).

Kobe is selected 20th, by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who then trade him away to the Bulls the same way the Hornets traded him to the Lakers in OTL. At the time, the Bulls are widely criticized for the move, since the '96 Bulls were the best team of all time and changing that roster seemed like madness.

The Cavs get a reputation for having the worst front office in pro sports, which is only reinforced when they pass on Dwayne Wade in the 2001 draft (ITTL, D-Wade left Marquette earlier, and thanks to less media attention, was rated lower as a player).

Last edited: