Vilnia Prosperous

Vilnia Prosperous

This timeline started out as a collaboration between me and MarshalBraginsky, but I decided to continue it after a long time of Procastination, I really liked this timeline and still want to work on this so here is this timeline, please enjoy!

Wladislaus_II_Jagiello_of_Poland_zps6d39d9cc.png

The rise of Lithuania
The treaty of Dubyssa takes effect in 1382 which meant Samogitia up to Dubysa would fall to the Teutonic Order, Vytautas converts to Catholicism and enters priesthood in the Teutonic Order and Jogaila converts to Catholicism with the support of the Teutonic Order, thereby paving the way for an alliance between Lithuania and the Order. With the Lithuanian shift of alliances towards the Order, Poland is scrambling to find another nation to ally with against the Lithuanian-Teuton coalition.
Louis of Hungary died in 1382, the Hungarian throne was inherited by his daughter Mary. In Poland, however, the lords of Lesser Poland did not want to continue the personal union with Hungary, nor to accept Mary's fiancé Sigismund as a regent and Siemowit IV of Masovia was almost elected as the King of Poland.
In 1382, Jogaila is betrothed to Margaret of Bohemia, the daughter of Charles IV of the Holy Roman Empire in order to solidify his conversion to Catholicism, the marriage betrothal was agreed by Wenceslaus IV of Bohemia, King of the Romans.
Conrad Zöllner von Rothenstein becomes the Hochmeister of the Teutonic Order in 1382.
Siemowit IV of Masovia tries to annex Kuyavia but was prevented by Hungarian troops and troops from Lesser Poland.
In 1383,Mary of Hungary breaks her engagement to Sigismund of Luxembourg and Mary of Hungary marries Siemowit IV in June 4, 1383 making him gain the Polish throne, she canceled her earlier betrothal to Sigismund of Luxembourg because he was not liked by the Polish nobility. Siemowit succeeded as the King of Poland in 1383 as King Siemowit I, due to the support of Wladyslaw of Opole to Louis of Hungary and later his support to Mary of Hungary, Opole became a fief of Poland again, Mary gives the throne of Hungary to Hedwig becomes the Queen of Hungary being known as Hedwig I of Hungary and was crowned in September 4, 1383 as the Queen regnant of Hungary. Przemyslaw Noszak of Cieszyn later came to Queen Mary and King Siemowit I to pay homage to them and to rejoin the Crown of Poland again as fiefs, thus Cieszyn returned as a fief of Poland.
Sigismund of Luxembourg was surprised about his former fiance, now the Queen of Poland, so was his brother, Wenceslaus, the King of Romans who was happy about Queen Mary of Poland and also he was okay with the return of Upper Silesia to the Polish crown and returned Wroclaw and Swidnica to the Polish throne and the rest of Silesia as Polish fiefs which Queen Mary and the rest of Silesian dukes accepted it which completed the reunification of Corona Regni Poloniae.
Hedwig arranged her own betrothal to Ladislaus of Naples in 1384 who was just 7 year old at that time but she needed to be betrothed fast as to avoid anyone trying to kidnap and marry her later on, especially Sigismund who is trying to gain the throne of Hungary, she hid inside a convent until her betrothed is old enough to go to Hungary in order for them to be married and Elisabeth of Bosnia became her regent.
Louis I, duke of Orleans tries to seek the hand of Hedwig I of Hungary in 1384 but Hedwig refuses to accept his own proposal telling him that she already has been betrothed to someone else.
While Urban took refuge in Genoa, Charles left the Kingdom of Naples to move to Hungary and had his son Ladislaus married to Hedwig I of Hungary in October 4, 1385, although he was just 8 years old, the marriage pushed through, it was done to end the dynastic strife of the Capetian House of Anjou.
In 1386, the relationship between Poland and Bohemia became better due to what happened, Giving up Lower Silesia was a good decision for Wencelaus IV of Bohemia ending the rivalry between the two Kingdoms although they retained Lusatia and the rights of the brothers of Wladyslaw of Opole to his lands including Kuyavia was respected by Siemowit I, Mary of Poland finally gave birth to a son named Henryk in July 4, 1387.
In the Russian lands currently occupied by the Khanate of the Golden Horde, Tokhtamysh Khan grew worried about the rising power of Tamerlane’s own empire, which had already taken shape in Persia. Dmitry Donskoi on the other hand, saw the rise of the Timurid state as a big gamble in which he might either help Muscovy in the long run, or doom it to an early death. Donskoi had constantly defied his Tatar masters, and the Grand Duchy of Muscovy was now surrounded by potential enemies: the Lithuanian-Teuton coalition in the west, the Ottoman Empire and the Timurids in the south of its Tatar overlord and Sweden in the north. To safeguard his country’s sovereignty and to break free from the Golden Horde’s control, he approached Timur in 1389 with a proposal: if Timur could destroy the Golden Horde’s armies and help him break free, Donskoi promised to become his vassal. Such negotiation was extremely risky and dangerous and he wanted to make sure, the alliance would also mean that the timurids would control all of Central Asia and later the control of all Russia.
Afraid of the alliance of Muscovy and the Golden Horde, on 1390 Novgorod allied with Lithuania and elected Jogaila as its own prince and Jogaila was finally married to Margaret of Luxembourg on January 4, 1390, and the nobles of Lithuania converted to Christianity en masse and Jogaila said that “It will be the start of a new era for Lithuania, Lithuania will be a great country ” as he said, however he had something to worry that is the loyalty of the Ruthenians on the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
Margaret of Luxembourg gave birth to a son named Vladislav on January 4, 1391, he was happy about the birth of a son and Margaret of Luxembourg also said that she was happy that her son was born as well and cradled the baby.

Last edited: