HoI2 Complete Victory

What is your most complete, most fleeting HoI2 Victory and which faction were you in (Comitern, Allies, Axis or Neutral)? Describe in a TL like way.

It was too long ago for me to remember enough to post a full TL, but I played Sweden and managed to conquer Scandinavia, half the USSR and northern Germany by the end in 1949. Unfortunately, the US declared war on me after I annexed the USSR...

It was too long ago for me to remember enough to post a full TL, but I played Sweden and managed to conquer Scandinavia, half the USSR and northern Germany by the end in 1949. Unfortunately, the US declared war on me after I annexed the USSR...

OMG Sweden?
I personally can't win any HoI2 game without playing a nation with an IC more than 300 (US and USSR, Though Germany can achieve it)

Well, I didn't "win" the game per se, as the rules recognise only Alliance victory, but I consider it an achievement enough to be listed here.

Oh, and I think I had an atomic bomb or two by then as well. And rockets...*

*Which back then couldn't carry nukes, of course, but still...

I was about to win with France.I extended the Ligne Maginot to Pas- de -Calais, drafted only infantry at first and built no tanks (although the French are technologically advanced in this field), having first improved my industrial capacity.Then I left my troops on the extended Ligne Maginot. The Germans dared not attack me...
I availed myself of this situation to further improve the Ligne Maginot until the frontier was absolutely impregnable.I had expected that the Russians would attack the Germans, but unfortunately they did not. I knew that my strategy was only viable until the development of the atomic bomb. So I was the first one to do it, and used it against the Germans who had left half of their troops on my frontier. I launched six nuclear warheads on the German frontier, and killed half of German troops in the subsequent land attack. Of course my poor soldiers had to cross a zone full of radiation, but the game does not take this into account, so I had no casualties. I had also attacked Italy and Spain in the process since France was no longer a democracy but a Leninist state. Then I occupied Germany without granting them independence, and improved land fortifications on the Russian border.
I built a state of the art navy and used it to liberate islands that had been annexed by the Japanese who had conquered all of China. Indochina was still under my control thanks to American troops who had landed there to protect my Indochinese capital while I left my own troops on the border to avoid Japanese invasion. I then invaded Japan using my state of the art navy and was about to deal with Korea. In the meantime there was still no reaction on the part of the Soviets...I stopped there but will continue later.

If you did that with SMEP, it would be a bad idea. Taking the chance to become Scandinavia when that event triggers gives you more IC.;)
I did manage to, in an early version, and playing the 1941 scenario, declare war on Germany, and in a blitzkreig offensive take Oslo and Copenhagen, which allowed Scandinavia (the triggers are: the other two Scandinavian states musn't exist, and you must control [not own, necessarily] their would-have-been capital provinces. This applies to Denmark, Norway and Sweden, it's just that who the other two are, and which provinces you must control, changes) to form. I held my own, gradually taking back Norway, and even advancing into Denmark (yes, with the starting troops!), though Finland invaded me. Naturally, the Brits annexed Finland, and thus stole my land.:rolleyes:
I was quite satisfied with outmanouvering the Germans, in any case.

Playing as Argentina in HOI1, I invaded the Falklands in 1939 and managed to hold onto them for almost a year.
Until the British navy showed up with a couple of carriers and evicted me from the islands. That was then followed up by 2 divisions of Australian troops landing and capturing Buenos Aires.:eek:

Using the "All the Russia's" mod, as Armenia I conquered Azerbaijan, Georgia and the Transural Republic (Cossack state). Then I joined the Axis and attacked the Turks. While I don't think I would have won without German help it was my troops that captured Istanbul. I annexed Anatolia and gave Istanbul to the Germans. :D

Using the "All the Russia's" mod, as Armenia I conquered Azerbaijan, Georgia and the Transural Republic (Cossack state). Then I joined the Axis and attacked the Turks. While I don't think I would have won without German help it was my troops that captured Istanbul. I annexed Anatolia and gave Istanbul to the Germans. :D
The Cossack state is the Don-Kuban Union, isn't it?

If you did that with SMEP, it would be a bad idea. Taking the chance to become Scandinavia when that event triggers gives you more IC.;)
I did manage to, in an early version, and playing the 1941 scenario, declare war on Germany, and in a blitzkreig offensive take Oslo and Copenhagen, which allowed Scandinavia (the triggers are: the other two Scandinavian states musn't exist, and you must control [not own, necessarily] their would-have-been capital provinces. This applies to Denmark, Norway and Sweden, it's just that who the other two are, and which provinces you must control, changes) to form. I held my own, gradually taking back Norway, and even advancing into Denmark (yes, with the starting troops!), though Finland invaded me. Naturally, the Brits annexed Finland, and thus stole my land.:rolleyes:
I was quite satisfied with outmanouvering the Germans, in any case.

What's SMEP? A mod? I've never encountered that event.

What's SMEP? A mod? I've never encountered that event.
Small Enhancements Project. Yes, it's a mod. Now, its fun is a bit hampered by the fact that it haven't done the conversion to Armageddon yet (that is: less countries available for release), but other then that, it is a good mod if you want a better experience, without changing the fundamentals of the game to the degree that, say, CORE, does.

Check the Paradox Plaza forums.

Small Enhancements Project. Yes, it's a mod. Now, its fun is a bit hampered by the fact that it haven't done the conversion to Armageddon yet (that is: less countries available for release), but other then that, it is a good mod if you want a better experience, without changing the fundamentals of the game to the degree that, say, CORE, does.

Check the Paradox Plaza forums.

Will do, thanks for the tip.

Hmmm... "Scandinavia" still doesn't sound as cool as the Greater Swedish Rike...;)

Will do, thanks for the tip.

Hmmm... "Scandinavia" still doesn't sound as cool as the Greater Swedish Rike...;)
Well, I'd disagree, but in any case, the name is just Sweden...;)
And Greater Scandinavian Rige is quite nice, too, even if greater is just the rest of Scandinavia's cores: that is, Finland. I did mod it to grant those cores that Finland has, that Scandinavia hasn't (those cores that the USSR controls), and, also, I copyed Finland's Bitter Peace gains events for Scandinavia: cores on ruined St. Petersburg and Kola! Yay!

By the way, if you like Greater Sweden, you might want to check out Victoria, and the VIP mod... the Estonian, Finnish and Latvian chains for Sweden would fit you quite well, I think.;)

Well, I'd disagree, but in any case, the name is just Sweden...;)
And Greater Scandinavian Rige is quite nice, too, even if greater is just the rest of Scandinavia's cores: that is, Finland. I did mod it to grant those cores that Finland has, that Scandinavia hasn't (those cores that the USSR controls), and, also, I copyed Finland's Bitter Peace gains events for Scandinavia: cores on ruined St. Petersburg and Kola! Yay!

By the way, if you like Greater Sweden, you might want to check out Victoria, and the VIP mod... the Estonian, Finnish and Latvian chains for Sweden would fit you quite well, I think.;)

I don't have Vicky personally, and I can't find it in the stores any more, so I guess I'll have to do without it...:(

Still, much interesting stuff at Paradox Plaza!

I don't have Vicky personally, and I can't find it in the stores any more, so I guess I'll have to do without it...:(

Still, much interesting stuff at Paradox Plaza!
I bought it off Ginza, but sadly, they don't seem to have it anymore.:(
If you do find it, remember to buy Revolutions from the Paradox Webshop: you do want to lead that Super-Sweden from 1836 (or, in theory, from 1000) to 1964, don't you?;)

And yes, there's a lot of fun stuff: as AH-interested, Kaiserreich and A Peace to end All Peace are of interest, even if they have... problems (bloody Qing China! What is it with HOI2ers and Qing China?!).
I recently contributed a little something to Kaiserreich, actually: I reminded them that Germany might want to partition France (as they can with the UoB), and with Armageddon, which they are moving over to, they have the tags. Even more, with ModNN, they already have nations that, with some changes, are ready to go. Brittany, Normany, Occitan and Neutral (rump) France, here we come!:D

This is what the world looked like once the Game ended.

hearts.gif

I bought it off Ginza, but sadly, they don't seem to have it anymore.:(
If you do find it, remember to buy Revolutions from the Paradox Webshop: you do want to lead that Super-Sweden from 1836 (or, in theory, from 1000) to 1964, don't you?;)

And yes, there's a lot of fun stuff: as AH-interested, Kaiserreich and A Peace to end All Peace are of interest, even if they have... problems (bloody Qing China! What is it with HOI2ers and Qing China?!).
I recently contributed a little something to Kaiserreich, actually: I reminded them that Germany might want to partition France (as they can with the UoB), and with Armageddon, which they are moving over to, they have the tags. Even more, with ModNN, they already have nations that, with some changes, are ready to go. Brittany, Normany, Occitan and Neutral (rump) France, here we come!:D

Of course! To quote my fictional dictator, Karl Draka: "Greater Sweden is no longer a myth, but a living, breathing reality!":D

I'll definitely check that stuff. Can't understand why I haven't before...