The Rodina Resurgent!

The Motherland had fallen upon hard times. Beaten by the Germans in the Great War, it was then torn asunder by Bolshevik revolutionaries. Only the great leadership of Kerensky held what remained of the nation together, and truly it was a shadow of it's former glory.

In the west, Poland had seized Belarus and held sway over the Ukraine. The tribes of the Caucuses broke away and continuously warred amongst themselves. The Khazaks and the Turkmen succeeded, and the Mongolians siezed the Trans-Siberian railroad. And in the far east the Japanese took control of Vladivostok.

The West
alltherussiaswestue1.png

The East
alltherussiaseastbo7.png

After nearly 20 years of rule, Kerensky was felled by a lone gunman and it was time for the Mensheviks to take power! (lol, the spell check wants to change it to Bolsheviks!)

Will they lead Russia back to glory? Stay tunned...
menshivickstakepowerxi1.png

randomkeith

Banned
Maps look awsome which game are they from i think i'll buy it looking for a cool game that will enable me to act out WW2 what if situations.

Thande

Donor
Interesting.

But whoever made the mod really needs to either make the city names change with governments, or if that's not possible leave them as the prewar Tsarist forms.

In your first screenshot, Kerenskyite Russia and an independent Ukraine are fighting over the town of 'Stalino' :rolleyes: :D

Interesting.

But whoever made the mod really needs to either make the city names change with governments, or if that's not possible leave them as the prewar Tsarist forms.

In your first screenshot, Kerenskyite Russia and an independent Ukraine are fighting over the town of 'Stalino' :rolleyes: :D

Unfortunately, the name of the provinces can't be changed. At least I've never seen a mod where this is done.

Faeelin

Banned

Actually, although ou can't change the map names, manyof the towns did have their name changed; so you see references to battles in Volgograd, for instance.

Interesting.

The map is hardcoded and can't be changed. However you can mess with the localization files and that's what's been changed e.g. the province of Stalingrad is Tsaritsyn if you click on it.

With the nation still in turmoil, the Mensheviks decide that compromising with the liberals is the best way to bring the country under control.

compromisewiththeliberani4.png

However, the power of the government is still slight beyond the cities. The best way to extend the power of the central government is to co-opt the local soviets and communes.

extendingpowerrn8.png

Meanwhile, while the Russian government was being reorganized, war nearly broke out in the west with Poland and France threatening war over Germany's remilitarization of th Rhineland. This forced the Germans to make a humiliating withdrawal. (They got lucky, as I understand it, the usual result is war and a German defeat)
rhinelandcrisisus0.png

Peace would not last long however, with Azerbaijan unwisely declaring war on the Armenians.
azerbaijantg8.png

The Armenians would quickly prevail, and they would be revealed to have rather large ambitions.
armeniavictoriousdh2.png

armenianambitionsfn7.png

It seems the Mensheviks grew spiritual during their 20 years in the desert. :D
industrialbasejr7.png

We decide to focus on the reconstruction of the industrial base in order to extend or power.
industrialbasejr7.png

It might be interesting to note that large portions of the mod is reused in the Kaiserreich mod. So you can set out to restore Russian Power in a world where the Germans won the war...
One problem with both mods is the enermous advantage that restoring the monarchy has over the other forms of government, namely that it is far easier to gain cores (in fact, there are several areas where it is the only option, and in other cases the only other way is the Faith and Nations path, which of course can be followed as well...).

Hmm... I just noticed I posted the rebuilding the country pic twice and now I can't edit it. I really hate that time limit. :mad:

Here's what I meant to post the first time.

It seems the Mensheviks grew spiritual during their 20 years in the desert.
orthodoxchurchfb7.png

Like the rest of the country, the army needed to be reformed. A centralized high command was established and applying massive firepower on target was focused on above all else.
reformthearmyhy1.png

It was decided that a Realpolitik style foreign policy was to be implemented. Very appropriate, given
that, like Bismark we aim to unite an Empire.
realpolitickeb4.png

Domestically, the Republic has been safeguarded against all it's enemies.
preservetherepbulicac2.png

When the Trukmen assaulted the Kazakh's, our mission became clear.
krygystankr3.png

To bring peace to Central Asia with the sword.
warincentralasiatz2.png