Failed Muslim invasion of india

VVD0D95

Banned
Something I've been pondering, if say the Muslim invasion of India had failed either in the 7rh or 12th century what might be different?

If this is a WI, the big noticeable impact would be that Pakistan would remain Hindu-majority. Along with that would be the strong lack of "mystics" influence in the Hindu religion, as that was the response of the religion as a whole against other religions. Southeast Asia would still be converted to Islam however, as it was after India repulsed several invasion attempts.

VVD0D95

Banned
If this is a WI, the big noticeable impact would be that Pakistan would remain Hindu-majority. Along with that would be the strong lack of "mystics" influence in the Hindu religion, as that was the response of the religion as a whole against other religions. Southeast Asia would still be converted to Islam however, as it was after India repulsed several invasion attempts.

Okay interesting would india not see the rise of the Delhi sultanate then? This perhaps preventing the growth of Islam and prevention of the mogul empire?

Okay interesting would india not see the rise of the Delhi sultanate then? This perhaps preventing the growth of Islam and prevention of the mogul empire?

I guess not, unless only the initial Muslim invasions were pushed back.

The whole of the Sub-Continent would not only retain its Hindu majority, but Jainism and Buddhism would also still be thriving in India for a lot longer than it did in OTL. The Muslim invasions sacked countless monasteries and utterly devastated Buddhism to the point where it went into full decline in India.

Another funny side-effect might be that Zoroastrianism also survives better, the Parsi community might be strengthened with less Muslims going around wreaking havoc on the region.

As for South-East Asia being pre-ordained to be Muslim I am also doubtful that it would go fully Muslim to the extent it did in OTL, no I think the Hindu Majapahit and Buddhist South-East Asian Communities will be able to resist the Muslim converts more effectively since the nearest Muslim states would be in Persia or Oman.

What? Hinduism has long had a great many mystic sects and mystical orders, long before Islam or even Christianity were born. Even in Ancient Greek times. The Vedas and hundreds of ancient schools of thought are evidence of this. I'm sorry, but that's flat out wrong.

And South East Asia, aside from Rakhin (Recent Bengali migration eastwards) and the Malays is hardly Islamic in OTL. There are of course Islamic minorities in most South East Asian countries but to say that they're 'converted nations' is a massive stretch.

Aye I think it would be interesting if the various kings actually pulled their fingers out and fought back the invader s
TL-worthy? Maybe. Possibly.
What? Hinduism has long had a great many mystic sects and mystical orders, long before Islam or even Christianity were born. Even in Ancient Greek times. The Vedas and hundreds of ancient schools of thought are evidence of this. I'm sorry, but that's flat out wrong.

And South East Asia, aside from Rakhin (Recent Bengali migration eastwards) and the Malays is hardly Islamic in OTL. There are of course Islamic minorities in most South East Asian countries but to say that they're 'converted nations' is a massive stretch.
I might have wronged it at the semantics, but it was my understanding that Hinduism saw a great increase in the "pathos" aspect to counter the spread of Islam. Also Indonesia is 80% Muslim with a small fraction of it Malays, so there you go. Furthermore I said "still", implying "as same to OTL". Not a "massive stretch", as you described it.

VVD0D95

Banned
The whole of the Sub-Continent would not only retain its Hindu majority, but Jainism and Buddhism would also still be thriving in India for a lot longer than it did in OTL. The Muslim invasions sacked countless monasteries and utterly devastated Buddhism to the point where it went into full decline in India.

Another funny side-effect might be that Zoroastrianism also survives better, the Parsi community might be strengthened with less Muslims going around wreaking havoc on the region.

As for South-East Asia being pre-ordained to be Muslim I am also doubtful that it would go fully Muslim to the extent it did in OTL, no I think the Hindu Majapahit and Buddhist South-East Asian Communities will be able to resist the Muslim converts more effectively since the nearest Muslim states would be in Persia or Oman.

Interesting, very interesting.

TL-worthy? Maybe. Possibly.

I might have wronged it at the semantics, but it was my understanding that Hinduism saw a great increase in the "pathos" aspect to counter the spread of Islam. Also Indonesia is 80% Muslim with a small fraction of it Malays, so there you go. Furthermore I said "still", implying "as same to OTL". Not a "massive stretch", as you described it.

Hmm, this is true, though Hinduism has often contained mystic elements to it, at least as to how I understand it to mean