Some "WI Armstrong & Aldrin Die On The Moon' Radio

Tovarich

Banned
This has been out for a couple of weeks, but I only heard it at work recently (I love having my new job where I can use IPlayer!) and since it's such a commonly posed ATL in Post-1900, I thought people may enjoy a listen.
I know some parts of the drama can be considered ASB, like weight issues on an Eagle Lander, but meh....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ng7s4

This has been out for a couple of weeks, but I only heard it at work recently (I love having my new job where I can use IPlayer!) and since it's such a commonly posed ATL in Post-1900, I thought people may enjoy a listen.
I know some parts of the drama can be considered ASB, like weight issues on an Eagle Lander, but meh....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ng7s4

Spoilers Ho:

I wanted to like it, and I enjoyed the first twenty minutes. But the plot was just a bit of a mess. I wanted to explore American society post-Apollo Disaster, instead we got an odd thing about a secret Soviet moon landing and a (perhaps justifiable) implication that post-Apollo Disaster American society is the plaything of J. Edgar Hoover. Felt like they'd started with that idea and tacked the AH on in front of it, rather than set out to create real AH.

Tovarich

Banned
Spoilers Ho:

I wanted to like it, and I enjoyed the first twenty minutes. But the plot was just a bit of a mess. I wanted to explore American society post-Apollo Disaster, instead we got an odd thing about a secret Soviet moon landing and a (perhaps justifiable) implication that post-Apollo Disaster American society is the plaything of J. Edgar Hoover. Felt like they'd started with that idea and tacked the AH on in front of it, rather than set out to create real AH.
Yeah, the second half did seem throwntogether, like an original plot got abandoned and then finished by a 'fill in' writer - there are certainly many unanswered
questions!

Yet who knows; the Beeb have revisited dramas before, and 'tidied' them successfully.

And I think that AH as a dramatic form should be encouraged wherever possible, hence this thread.