Big Bang Theory WI

At the end of Season 5, Howard (Simon Helberg) is sent to the International Space Station. WI during the hiatus, both Helberg and Jim Parson (Sheldon Cooper) are killed in a car accident? How does this impact the show?

Show probably ends I think.

If its Helberg only, the show probably goes on, although how the writers deal with it, I don't know. Raj could get more time and development and season 6 probably deals with that character coping with his friends loss. Probably also write out his selective mutism earlier to improve the group dynamics. How Bernadette develops I don't know.

WI: This horrible awful terrible pointless show never happens and everybody is happier in the end?
What if people stop whining about a show they don't like and let people who actualy like the series discuss it. I am not going to bother the people in the my little pony threat with the fact that I don't like it, so stop doing it with this show.

Anyway, if two of the major actors die, the show will probably be cancelled out of respect. If only one of them dies, even Jim Parson they will probably continue, although without Sheldon the show will probably lose some viewers, but I think it will still have enough to continue.

Sorry. I misread the OP. I somehow read you were killing off Leonard and Sheldon. However, losing Sheldon is enough. End of show.

It's a completely normal sitcom, except (from what I've seen) everyone who isn't "nerdy" can barely tie their own shoes. So if the show weren't made some other typical sitcom would be made.

As for the OP, two main actors dying seems like enough to derail almost any show.

IIRC, this show is by the same guy who writes 'Two and a Half Men', so we have an example to look to...

They'll introduce a new character to replace Sheldon Cooper and regardless if the character is absolute garbage or a million times better, nobody will have a word to say about the show except to complain about the new character.

IIRC, this show is by the same guy who writes 'Two and a Half Men', so we have an example to look to...

They'll introduce a new character to replace Sheldon Cooper and regardless if the character is absolute garbage or a million times better, nobody will have a word to say about the show except to complain about the new character.
To be fair, I think he continues the show two and a half men with whatshisname mainly to spite Charley Sheen. In the case of an actual death it would probably be treated with more respect.

To be fair, I think he continues the show two and a half men with whatshisname mainly to spite Charley Sheen. In the case of an actual death it would probably be treated with more respect.
You raise a pretty good point, actually.

Anyway, if two of the major actors die, the show will probably be cancelled out of respect. If only one of them dies, even Jim Parson they will probably continue, although without Sheldon the show will probably lose some viewers, but I think it will still have enough to continue.

The actor playing the main character of 10 rules for dating my daughter died but it managed to stay on for another 2 seasons if I remember. Charlie Sheen leaving 2 and half men doesn't seem to have killed it either. It's all a question of how they deal with the loss.

If they simply throw in a shemp, you'll probably piss off the fans who will keep comparing the new actor to the old. If on the other hand you intorduce a (or a few) new protagonist(s) with distinct but complementary personnality to the remaining characters, you might be able to salvage what made he show popular while slowly reorienting storylines.