Banned
I have some stuff just for such a thread:
Uniforms of the Holy Roman Imperial Army Through the Ages:
holyromanimperialinfantryuniformsthroughtheagesro4.png

From my Vandox timeline.:D

Hapsburg

Banned
Nothing for 12 hours?
Eh, well. More Imperial uniforms, this time depicting ones from the various imperial states.
infantrymenoftheholyromanimperialarmy1800ph3.png

You see, in this timeline, Emperor Vandox heavily reforms the military, and builds up a large imperial army based around the Circle Estates system, which each state providing a certain number of troops. Austria has the largest contingent, about 500,000, and they serve as the main force in combat. The total Imperial army forces are around 2 million men from around the entire empire.

Last time I checked, the HRE didn't have a single military. And I think we disscused the plausibility of somebody named Vandox (sounds like a prescription medicine) could be elected Emperor.

Here's a future Starfleet uniform.

1Officer duty.PNG

Hapsburg

Banned
Archangel Michael said:
Last time I checked, the HRE didn't have a single military. And I think we disscused the plausibility of somebody named Vandox could be elected Emperor.
1. They did. It was just very small. It was mostly augmented by the army of whoever was emperor. ITTL, Vandox implements major reforms.
2. Then chalk it up as ASB. Doesn't make it any less viable as an ATL story. Besides, plausibility takes a side seat to entertainment (if you think the story is impossible now, you should've seen what it was before).

Anyway, perhaps this is more to your tastes?
Various uniforms from the year 1780 in my Sorrow of the Samurai Universe.
uniformsofinfantry1780ij9.png

Last edited:

Thande

Donor
Archangel Michael said:
Here's a future Starfleet uniform.
I really like those. The trouble with modern Star Trek uniforms is that they've steadily decreased the amount of division-colour visible since TOS. Those redress the balance, while still looking sufficiently 'First Contactish'.

Hapsburg said:
1. They did. It was just very small. It was mostly augmented by the army of whoever was emperor. ITTL, Vandox implements major reforms.
2. Then chalk it up as ASB. Doesn't make it any less viable as an ATL story. Besides, plausibility takes a side seat to entertainment (if you think the story is impossible now, you should've seen what it was before).

Anyway, perhaps this is more to your tastes?
Various uniforms from the year 1780 in my Sorrow of the Samurai Universe.
uniformsofinfantry1780ij9.png

Those are some nice uniforms. Can I borrw the template?

Hapsburg

Banned
Archangel Michael said:
Those are some nice uniforms. Can I borrw the template?
Sure, go for it.
I like 1700s and 1800s uniforms. They're so colorful and cool looking, not like the bland crap of the modern era.

Continuing, from my CGU uniform I showed...
The Field Dress Uniform of a Generalfeldmarschall of the Central Galactic Union.
suniformyh7.png

Hapsburg

Banned
Also from my GotY story. Holy Roman Imperial Infantryman, of the Army of Austria. In particular, the Fifth Regiment during the Invasion of Britain.
imperialinfantrymansx4.png

They use repeating air-rifles instead of muskets. This is why they win the wars they fight.

CGU Universe:
stormguardofficergy9.png

Waffen-SG Lieutenant-Colonel.

Last edited:
@ Thande:
I like the name of "Scifleet", very catchy I might even use it somewhere. ;)
What are the responsibilities of Starforce? Why are they separated from Warfleet?
Why are those uniforms so bright? Especially the militia uniform, since it is going to be used on planetary surface.

W. T. Sherman said:
No service should have a special uniform for 'Intelligence'. It kind of defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?

It does for SpecOps too. However it's possible in "real life" Astroforce Intel does not have a different uniform form the other branches of the service and that it's just in this picture that the colour appears different from Warfleet.

I would like to know what Starforce is though?

W. T. Sherman said:
No service should have a special uniform for 'Intelligence'. It kind of defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?
Oncontray. The office folk always need something to where. (as opposed to those working in the field..)

Hapsburg said:
I assumed they're some kind of starfighter forces.

I was thinking the same thing. If Warfleet is the equivilent of OTL wet navies, Space Marines are well marines, Militia is ground forces/army then Starforce would be the airforce equivilent operating non-FTL capable fighters for planetary defence.

Though why they would wear orange and the sea navy branch light blue is beyond be.