What would the American Revolution have been called had the British won?

Washington's Rebellion? (I know he didn't exactly start the whole thing, but he might be the most instantly recognizable figure)

The Trouble of '76?

the New England uprising?

the american tea troubles

new england tea/tax rebellion

or maybe
Washington's folly

I suppose it depends on how quickly the revolt was put down.

The American Mutiny? With a stigma attached to the term american (so that few would identify as such)

America is going to get its independence eventually

And it won't be peaceful like Canada....

So something like "First Revolt"

Totally depends how it goes.
It seems unlikely George Washington would be at all remembered by anyone not really into their history so involving that is unlikely.
It also depends what happens afterwards.
Would there be another rebellion so the 'first' qualifier is necessary?

Totally depends how it goes.
It seems unlikely George Washington would be at all remembered by anyone not really into their history so involving that is unlikely.
It also depends what happens afterwards.
Would there be another rebellion so the 'first' qualifier is necessary?

I suppose if it were squelched quickly it would probably be the "revolt" or the "rebellion", and if it dragged for a few years it might be classified as a war.

Agreeed with all here. Most likely with an early put down of the rebellion, whether by overwhelming forces sent much earlier pre-1775, OR Total Victory in 1776 (Invasion of Charleston a success, Canada never threatened, Washington's Army destroyed and he and his staff captured). Once France launches its DoW the ARW becomes a world war and the chances of British conquest of the Colonies becomes remote. [1]

1] Though considering Britain's obsession with maintaining the blockade of the Colonies and waging economic warfare against all attempts by the French to materially succor the American Army, to the detriment of defending all parts of the Empire short of Jamaica, Gibraltar, and Britain herself...:confused: [2]

2] Though if the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars are not butterflied, I'd hate to be the British Commander of British North America. This could well mean either "Round Two", or else butterflying the whole Peninsular War in favor of swallowing up the entire French and Spanish Empires overseas (Including the Louisiana Territory?).

Agreeed with all here. Most likely with an early put down of the rebellion, whether by overwhelming forces sent much earlier pre-1775, OR Total Victory in 1776 (Invasion of Charleston a success, Canada never threatened, Washington's Army destroyed and he and his staff captured). Once France launches its DoW the ARW becomes a world war and the chances of British conquest of the Colonies becomes remote. [1]

1] Though considering Britain's obsession with maintaining the blockade of the Colonies and waging economic warfare against all attempts by the French to materially succor the American Army, to the detriment of defending all parts of the Empire short of Jamaica, Gibraltar, and Britain herself...:confused: [2]

2] Though if the French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars are not butterflied, I'd hate to be the British Commander of British North America. This could well mean either "Round Two", or else butterflying the whole Peninsular War in favor of swallowing up the entire French and Spanish Empires overseas (Including the Louisiana Territory?).

Maybe a Napoleonic victory (or at least an end to the wars on terms favorable to the French), thanks to exhaustion of British morale and resources trying to keep the colonies pacified overseas?

Maybe a Napoleonic victory (or at least an end to the wars on terms favorable to the French), thanks to exhaustion of British morale and resources trying to keep the colonies pacified overseas?

I think it would depend a lot on the generation of British leaders to arise following a successful British victory in the "American Revolt".

There were numerous small revolts in the Colonies prior to the 7YW that were of little consequence, as they were put down so quickly. Having, say, Lexington and Concord turning into ignominious rebel defeats (they all run away without a shot being fired at all), with all the local rebel leaders captured in Massachusetts, ands relatively bloodlessly, could result in no more than a small blip on British political radar.

However, going to the "middle victory" of a 1776 victory, or even a 1780-83 long war victory, would mean total vindication of the North Government's Submissionist policies against the Americans, resulting in both financial and political bonanzas for the "King's Friends" faction in Parliament. Where this takes Britain in a world where the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars are not butterflied, I cannot say. But if the likes of Germain and North remain in the ascendant, and William Pitt the Younger are stuck in the political wilderness, it cannot come out well for Britain.:(

American Rebellion. Following such imaginatively-named conflicts like the Sepoy Rebellion, Canadian Rebellion, Eureka Rebellion....etc.

It depends. If the US got its independence at a later date, you might have people calling it "the First American War for Independence".

If the rebellion is put down, I don't think that necessarily means future revolution until successful in the future. What it could mean is an America that goes a bit like South Africa: a colonial area that may commit another rebellion in the future, where you have the American group form an independent identity against (further) British colonists, leading to a dominion that has an independent streak and eventually does gain its independence based on the American vote, possibly with negative racial overtones in regards to the American Indians.

The First Colonial Crisis would probably be known as it officially on neutral grounds. The British are going to have problems with their colonies in the future and this time period would probably be marked by historians as first of their problems with upstart colonists. I'd imagine it would have other names floating around depending on your loyalties or sympathies to either side, similar to how many in the South still call the American Civil War the "War of Northern Aggression" or "War Between the States" and for a while the North called the war, the "War of the Rebellion". The American Mutiny/Rebellion by British and War of Independence by North Americans.

If the rebellion is put down, I don't think that necessarily means future revolution until successful in the future. What it could mean is an America that goes a bit like South Africa: a colonial area that may commit another rebellion in the future, where you have the American group form an independent identity against (further) British colonists, leading to a dominion that has an independent streak and eventually does gain its independence based on the American vote, possibly with negative racial overtones in regards to the American Indians.

Or the 'American group' is so thoroughly discredited that the colonists try to be so loyalist they are beyond reproach. American would be synonymous with treason, hard to see many people wanting to tar themselves with that brush.

Perhaps this could eventually lead to incorporation and the colonies becoming counties.

Without knowing how the war ends or who is the dominant party in parliament afterwards, it's hard to judge.

Or the 'American group' is so thoroughly discredited that the colonists try to be so loyalist they are beyond reproach. American would be synonymous with treason, hard to see many people wanting to tar themselves with that brush.

Perhaps this could eventually lead to incorporation and the colonies becoming counties.

Without knowing how the war ends or who is the dominant party in parliament afterwards, it's hard to judge.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

No.