Jesus-like figure in the Jewish diaspora

Judea was fairly Hellenized as it was in the first century, and arguably not as important as Babylon as a centre of Jewish theology. So I was thinking: why not take this one step further and have a major daughter religion of Judaism arise in say, Alexandria or Rome? Is it plausible? What differences should we expect from OTL Christianity if it did happen?

Maybe if this guy were more successful - or if his followers weren't so thoroughly decimated in the wake of the 116-17 revolt - he might be a possible claimant. He's a mysterious figure, so I can't really say what a religion based on his teachings would be like, although it would be strongly anti-Hellenistic and might be a back-to-basics reformation somewhat like Salafism is to Islam.

Really fepends kn the theology of it. If it's another Jesus figure, it might just be considered a heresy or such of Christianity. Otherwise, no one knows where it could go. Would make for a great TL though.

There was that one Jewish guy in the Ottoman Empire but I forget his name
Sabbatai Zevi
Really fepends kn the theology of it. If it's another Jesus figure, it might just be considered a heresy or such of Christianity. .
After rereading my post I realise that wasn't clear, but I was thinking of a replacement for OTL Christianity. IMO it was inevitable that such a movement would appear, because there were so many Messiah claimants around, but it didn't have to be Jesus or, I think, happen in the Land of Israel...

If I recall correctly, there were some Jews who thought Mithradates Eupator was the Messiah. Although he was pagan, he was seen by the Jews of Asia as a savior from Roman tyranny.

Maybe if this guy were more successful - or if his followers weren't so thoroughly decimated in the wake of the 116-17 revolt - he might be a possible claimant. He's a mysterious figure, so I can't really say what a religion based on his teachings would be like, although it would be strongly anti-Hellenistic and might be a back-to-basics reformation somewhat like Salafism is to Islam.

Personally, I think this is a really interesting option. I've never heard anything about this, though