What if ayutthaya colonized america?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamball

Banned
I think europe colonized america is making america more civilized and i know jeng he discovered america and if ayutthaya tried to know where is the east of the world by send people(prisoner) to america what is america in present.

1) Europe didn't made America more civilized, it just turned it european. Not in the most civilized manner.

2) Zheng He didn't discovered America, from what we know at least. The main proponent of this theory is a loony and his thesis are a joke.

3) Siam was more interested on Indian Ocean and Indonesian seas at this moment, and really gained regional hegemont with its main rival, Malacca, being taken by Portuguese. It doesn't help it went into pressure from Burma at the same period.
Maybe if Zheng He decides to act stupid and crush Malacca during his trips, you could end with Siam having a more important naval domination on the region, and by a really far-fetched move, decides for the lulz of it to go eastwards.

I don't think you'd had the focus, the ressources and the strategical possibilities to pull a Cortez on America, though : Pacific is freaking huge, ask for more important ressources to cross, and doing so because "hey why not", seems a bit...well, weird.

Not that a South-East Asian expedition in Americas is unthinkable, but Siam doesn't seem to be the best placed for that, at least in the XVth century. Majapahit Empire, for instance, seems a more likely candidate.

What is civilized?

But european is more civilized than red indian

"To civilise" in the sense of
  1. To educate or enlighten a person or people to a perceived higher standard of behaviour.
  2. To introduce or impose the standards of one civilisation upon another civilization, group or person, arguably with the intent of achieving a perceived higher standard of behavior.
  3. To bring from a state of savagery to an educated or refined state.
...is not consider politically correct or even accurate to modern historians.

With regards to whether Ayutthaya could colonise America, I agree with LSCatalina: Siam is not best placed to do so.

norse

Banned

No. Europeans were technologically advanced. There were many Indigenous civilizations that were lacking in metallurgy, animal domestication, and war technology but were just as advanced if not even more so in agriculture and some sciences.

Siamball

Banned
"To civilise" in the sense of
  1. To educate or enlighten a person or people to a perceived higher standard of behaviour.
  2. To introduce or impose the standards of one civilisation upon another civilization, group or person, arguably with the intent of achieving a perceived higher standard of behavior.
  3. To bring from a state of savagery to an educated or refined state.
...is not consider politically correct or even accurate to modern historians.

With regards to whether Ayutthaya could colonise America, I agree with LSCatalina: Siam is not best placed to do so.
Not best placed but are is can or can't

norse

Banned
The Polynesians were 95% probable to have had contact with the Inca. Obviously the Polynesians were far away from most of the civilized Old World but assuming that there was increased contact between the Polynesians and Inca and relations were established between the Polynesians and some East Eurasian civilization that would be a possible way for Asia to explore the Americas.

Had stuff gone different for Zheng He and the Chinese they might have been able to colonize the New World with the Europeans. If they had continued their expeditions and managed to found colonies all along the African coast including West Africa where they could interact with the Europeans they might have heard of the discoveries of Columbus and started to go there themselves. Although if the Chinese had interactions with the Europeans then Columbus might never have explored for other paths to South and Southeast Asia.

Maybe you're not aware of it, but "red indian" is quite a biased and injurious name. You may want to not use it.

As for "more civilized", I disagree : without doing cultural relativism for the sake of it, it's not because a society have different values and references than ours that it make it less civilized. It make it a different civilisation, and in this case, not the inferior of Europeans (even Conquistador sources mark their amazement and length description about how these empire ruled and administred efficiently their territories).

Not that Native America was a pre-modern Utopia, but Europeans didn't have a moral upper ground when it came to war and coercition, either at home or during the conquest of Mexico/Peru.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I think europe colonized america is making america more civilized and i know jeng he discovered america and if ayutthaya tried to know where is the east of the world by send people(prisoner) to america what is america in present.

Hmm...

Six post. Three racist. One insult.

lets see... add that to that, carry the one...

Thanks for stopping by.

We Divorce you.

cl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.