The British never traded Suriname

The colony of Suriname has never been traded to the Dutch for New Amsterdam, how would this effect the cultures of both continents? Would dutch be an official language in the U.S, just as French is an official language in Canada?

In Canada, French speakers are a quarter of the population overall and 80% of the population of one of the largest provinces. I would be surprised if the Dutch-speaking population of New Netherland could remain that high in the event of an eventual American conquest/purchase. More likely, they would become a minority over time and the use of their language diminish, much as what happened in Louisiana to the francophones there.

In Canada, French speakers are a quarter of the population overall and 80% of the population of one of the largest provinces. I would be surprised if the Dutch-speaking population of New Netherland could remain that high in the event of an eventual American conquest/purchase. More likely, they would become a minority over time and the use of their language diminish, much as what happened in Louisiana to the francophones there.
The question is, would there be an American conquest? If we assume the third Anglo-Dutch war happens roughly similar to OTL and ends up in a Dutch victory with a white peace and if we assume that Willem III manages to become king of England (both are pretty likely and I see no obvious butterflies to change it) than I think the Netherlands can hold it for at least a century (Since Britain and the Netherlands were allied during that thus no reason for war existed between those countries), but probably even longer (if not indefinately). This would not only mean an increase of the Dutch population and less English/British imigration toward the New Netherlands, it most likely changes North American history completely. For example, woulf the British be as succesful fighting the French, if a Dutch colony splits the English colonies. It is likely OTL America would be butterflied away.

The question is, would there be an American conquest? If we assume the third Anglo-Dutch war happens roughly similar to OTL and ends up in a Dutch victory with a white peace and if we assume that Willem III manages to become king of England (both are pretty likely and I see no obvious butterflies to change it) than I think the Netherlands can hold it for at least a century (Since Britain and the Netherlands were allied during that thus no reason for war existed between those countries), but probably even longer (if not indefinately). This would not only mean an increase of the Dutch population and less English/British imigration toward the New Netherlands, it most likely changes North American history completely. For example, woulf the British be as succesful fighting the French, if a Dutch colony splits the English colonies. It is likely OTL America would be butterflied away.

I could see a smaller Dutch North America declaring its independence in a conflict similar to the Napoleonic Wars. For example, if for some strange reason the Napoleonic Wars happen the way they do in OTL, the United Provinces of North America may secede with the creation of the Kingdom of Holland. That would make for a very interesting hemisphere! The British will have their own colonies in the New World, both above and below the Dutch. Spain will have plenty of pull with their colonies from Mexico to California to Florida. Even France may retain Louisiana and Quebec, and who's to say other players don't get a chance for involvement on the continent with a weakened British position?