Pop Culture WI: Ofra Haza married earlier

This scenario is one that I wanted to share for a very long time as for many months, I've listened to Hebrew-language pop songs (being experimental for someone like me, admittedly), especially songs by Ofra Haza.

As I read her biography, she was married to businessman Doron Ashkenazi in 1997, three years before her death. Her fans, both inside and outside Israel, blamed Doron for Ofra Haza's death, and with a reason: She died from AIDS-related complications (first described as a "flu"), and the fact (or allegation) that Doron was using illegal drugs.

In a English-language tribute website to Ofra Haza, it recalled the near-fatal airplane crash which was happened in year 1987. Here's an excerpt of the events after the accident, from the same website:
"After a month it was decided to prosecute the pilot of the Cessna aircraft. His license to fly the Cessna aircraft was revoked at aircraft was revoked at the recommendation of the commission of inquiry that was appointed by the air force commander.

Ofra and the pilot kept in touch, and every year at the day of the event, which Ofra called “my second birthday”, they used to speak on the phone and met one another occasionally.
"
After reading it, I wonder if Ofra and the (former) Cessna pilot decided that their friendship should take even further, leading to a committed relationship, then marriage? I know that there's butterflies, but will it affect her career as a well-known Israeli singer with a budding overseas career, especially in the world music industry?

The POD is between 1988 and the early 1990s.

(I know this is so rare of a scenario, only familiar to Michandre, since he's from Tel Aviv, but at least I tried. :))

This is fascinating, and I wish I knew a damned thing about it to comment.

Still, kudos on an obscure WI, at least.

I hope someone will share their thoughts, especially Michandre...

Wow, I'm famous!

Anyway, it's very difficult to say. For one, I'm not so in to Israeli music from that era (my parents listened to it, therefore it's bad), but more so, it's hard to say whether or not a marriage will affect her career. First of all, by the PoD, she's already very well established in her career. Not that she didn't produce great music in her last decade, but her best known stuff all came out during the 80s.

My point is, we're not dealing with a new star or anything - we're considering the continuing career of a well-established singer. From here, depending on her relationship, her personal life, she could continue as OTL, or start only writing sappy love songs, or get a brutal divorce after a year and start writing only angry love songs...

Sorry I can't help more :(