Central Powers Victory TL's

Was just wondering if anyone knew of any plausible Central Powers victory scenarios floating around that are worth recommending? It's a common trope but finding realistic TL's about it I've found to be quite hard. I've been looking through the wiki but can anyone recommend any plausible Central Powers victories?

There are a fair number of timelines...

What springs to mind immediately, aside from Rast's A Shift in Priorities:

Marne Without Moltke by Wiking: An early well-timed death of Moltke the Younger prevents diversion of forces to the Eastern Front and Lorraine, resulting in a deeper German penetration on the Western Front, including some of the Channel ports. The timeline remains incomplete.

Prince Henry of Prussia: The Rise of U-Boat by BlondieBC. The Kaiserliche Marine makes an earlier investment in submarines, leading to spectacular results, lots of sunken British warships, and big butterflies.

Es Geloybte Aretz - a Germanwank by Carlton Bach - a little further afield, this being a timeline with an 1888 point of departure, and a Great War (without Britain and France) that happens almost a decade earlier. But it's a Central Powers victory in the making just the same. (Still active)

Asami

Banned
I'm going to self-promote myself without shame. :)

Peace Without Victors - It's more of like a 'Germany wins by default' type of TL, the Central Powers don't dictate peace, but peace is not dictated to them of sorts...

Was just wondering if anyone knew of any plausible Central Powers victory scenarios floating around that are worth recommending? It's a common trope but finding realistic TL's about it I've found to be quite hard. I've been looking through the wiki but can anyone recommend any plausible Central Powers victories?

Well, if you wait a few days, I might oblige you. :D

So, Germany builds some tanks, and that suddenly allowes her to have a 1940.-type victory in 1918. and basically dictate her will on the world?

This is not happening. There are a thousand ways to make Germany win WWI, and most of which do not require rast's sudden technological leap to happen.

But even if we accepted this premise, the peace that follows and the immediate post-war world is already tracking its way into ASB territory.

There are a fair number of timelines...

What springs to mind immediately, aside from Rast's A Shift in Priorities:

Marne Without Moltke by Wiking: An early well-timed death of Moltke the Younger prevents diversion of forces to the Eastern Front and Lorraine, resulting in a deeper German penetration on the Western Front, including some of the Channel ports. The timeline remains incomplete.

Prince Henry of Prussia: The Rise of U-Boat by BlondieBC. The Kaiserliche Marine makes an earlier investment in submarines, leading to spectacular results, lots of sunken British warships, and big butterflies.

Es Geloybte Aretz - a Germanwank by Carlton Bach - a little further afield, this being a timeline with an 1888 point of departure, and a Great War (without Britain and France) that happens almost a decade earlier. But it's a Central Powers victory in the making just the same. (Still active)

I'm going to self-promote myself without shame. :)

Peace Without Victors - It's more of like a 'Germany wins by default' type of TL, the Central Powers don't dictate peace, but peace is not dictated to them of sorts...

Ah thanks guys. I'll get my read on. I'm curious as I'm looking at the possibility of a CP Victory Nation game in the future and the discussions on these pages are generally invaluable. :)

So, Germany builds some tanks, and that suddenly allowes her to have a 1940.-type victory in 1918. and basically dictate her will on the world?

This is not happening. There are a thousand ways to make Germany win WWI, and most of which do not require rast's sudden technological leap to happen.

But even if we accepted this premise, the peace that follows and the immediate post-war world is already tracking its way into ASB territory.

If the premise is ASB, then why is it not in the ASB section then?

Speaking of which, I wonder if there are Austria-Hungary wanks out there that are heavily related to a CP victory?

Ah thanks guys. I'll get my read on. I'm curious as I'm looking at the possibility of a CP Victory Nation game in the future and the discussions on these pages are generally invaluable. :)

Another TL by Wiking would be this Conrad Waits . Basicly the Austrians focus on Russia in 1914 which allows them to avoid their OTL desasters and puts them into a much stronger position for the rest of the war. It's unfinished but the benefits are so big already (spring 1915) that it's hard to see how the CP would lose it.

This is just not true. Germany builds "Kanobile" which are nearer to a "Sturmgeschütz" than a real tank, this is nothing imposible. And certainly not a 1940style victory is achieved. This is the victory of a marathon runner who barley gets through the finish line before the others.

And Germany doesnt dictate its will to the world. Otherwise from OTL the peace treaties are negotiated.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I imagine Tom B's Operation Unicorn is heading that way

My own "Eleventh Hour" went from a CP victory in 1918 up to global thermo nuclear war in the 1970s

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

This is just not true. Germany builds "Kanobile" which are nearer to a "Sturmgeschütz" than a real tank, this is nothing imposible.

In terms of WWI's tank design and implementation, there is practically no difference between stugs and "real" tanks. And considering German tanks in WWI, the notion that the Kaiserreich can design, build and fuel the ammount of tanks needed for rast's scenario makes it impossible.

And certainly not a 1940style victory is achieved. This is the victory of a marathon runner who barley gets through the finish line before the others.

How is it not a 1940.-style victory?

And Germany doesnt dictate its will to the world. Otherwise from OTL the peace treaties are negotiated.

The fact that Luddendorf is talked out of demanding the colonies not because his colleagues think they won't get them but because they think the (quote) "real colonies" are in the east makes your statement somewhat suspect. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

In terms of WWI's tank design and implementation, there is practically no difference between stugs and "real" tanks.
I agree.

And considering German tanks in WWI, the notion that the Kaiserreich can design, build and fuel the ammount of tanks needed for rast's scenario makes it impossible.
No and rast describes exactly how Kanobile came into existance. You should read it before you judge.

How is it not a 1940.-style victory?
The French army still stands in the field, Paris is not occupied, its not a lightling war, e.t.c.?

The fact that Luddendorf is talked out of demanding the colonies not because his colleagues think they won't get them but because they think the (quote) "real colonies" are in the east makes your statement somewhat suspect. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Dude, really? Did you ever read the timeline at all? Because Luddendorf ideas dont count a thing, because like OTL there is a "kind" of revolution in Germany and the Pan Germanists get thrown out.

No and rast describes exactly how Kanobile came into existance. You should read it before you judge.

I did read it, and I was thoroughly unimpressed with his explanation. I will stress that I'm not the kind of person who wears the 'Plausability Police' badge around here.

The French army still stands in the field, Paris is not occupied, its not a lightling war, e.t.c.?

Granted. And yet, the German victory was still so immense that it convinced the French, British and Americans to come to the peace table, despite their ultimately insurmountable advantage in men and materiel? Like the above issue, this one was not IMO adequately covered as well.

Quite frankly, Germany can only win in either world war if the USA stays out of the war. Otherwise the advantage for the other side is way too big.

Dude, really? Did you ever read the timeline at all? Because Luddendorf ideas dont count a thing, because like OTL there is a "kind" of revolution in Germany and the Pan Germanists get thrown out.

At this point I could ask you if you ever read the timeline at all, since I can guarantee that there is a part of the story where Germany's demands at the end of the war are discussed and the scene I described happens. This was right after the kanobils win the war and quite some time before the faux-revolution with nation-wide strikes across Germany.

Granted. And yet, the German victory was still so immense that it convinced the French, British and Americans to come to the peace table, despite their ultimately insurmountable advantage in men and materiel? Like the above issue, this one was not IMO adequately covered as well.
I haven't read Rast's timeline, but I imagine it has something to do with the British and French particularly not wanting to fight another year or two of war and eventually win by attrition (which only would have been possible by making casualties out of hundreds of thousands of men, a large portion of whom would have been American). This wasn't WW2, it wasn't a war of national survival. With the state of France in OTL WW1, I can't imagine even worse losses would lead to them being just fine with continuing the war. Quite simply, the war has to end.