What Madness is This? Victoria II Mod

So, I'm working on a Victoria II mod based on Napoleon53's alternate history timeline "What Madness is This?". So far I'm working on creating countries and fixing provinces first. I'm mostly finished creating Virginia, Carolina, Georgia and the Republican Union. When I'm done with the North America, I'll get to the nations of Europe.

However I do have a question. How do to I start up the mod I'm creating? To create this mod, I created a folder called "mod" with duplicate files of the original games' files, so the original files would stay intact. So, how to I got this WIP mod to start up?

Ryan

Donor
copy the entire vic 2 folder with all the modified content in it (replacing the original content) and play the modified game using v2game in the folder itself.

copy the entire vic 2 folder with all the modified content in it (replacing the original content) and play the modified game using v2game in the folder itself.

So do I copy the Victoria II folder so that when I look in the commons folder there are two folders named Victoria, one with the original content and one with the modified content? Or am I supposed to do something else?

Ryan

Donor
So do I copy the Victoria II folder so that when I look in the commons folder there are two folders named Victoria, one with the original content and one with the modified content? Or am I supposed to do something else?

I'd copy it somewhere else, like documents, but yeah, you'd have two copies of the game, the original which plays unaltered vic 2 and the copied one which has modded content.

I'd copy it somewhere else, like documents, but yeah, you'd have two copies of the game, the original which plays unaltered vic 2 and the copied one which has modded content.

Which should I move to documents? The original or the altered mod?

I noticed this thread still exists. The idea of a mod based on What Madness Is This seems intriguing, as I loved the timeline. I guess if there is a way I can help, I would gladly like to.

Finally, from the Vicky 2 Wiki under create a country:

"If your game fails to load
Pay attention to when to game stops loading and the error message.

If the game stops while loading flags, you are missing a flag file. One has to make one [TAG], one [TAG]_communist, one [TAG]_fascist, one [TAG]_republic and one [TAG]_monarchy. No more no less. If one forgets one, the game will fail to load.

If the game stop loading and gives an error box saying "failed to load line 528 "common/countries/[name ... ... ENG" you have made a mistake in the countries.txt file. Usually one of the " " marks is missing and the game files thinks the next country's tag is a part of the name.

If the text mixed up[edit]
If the in-game text is wrongly placed, you may have made a misclick in the text file (the one with all the country names and country adjectives). Find a backup and replace with the original. It is way faster than looking for your mistake, as the file is huge.

One can always reinstall the game, if one doesn't have a backup and the game is unplayable."