Wargame: Red Dragon

Artaxerxes

Banned
So the campaigns for this were released yesterday and I feel its right up this forums alley.

http://www.wargame-rd.com/

Wargame has been quietly releasing one of the best RTS games around for the last few years (European Escalation, Air Land Battle) and its set in several scenarios where the Cold War boils over to outright war.

Gameplay is very different to RTS like Starcraft or C&C which is great. The community is very Multiplayer focused but it does come with campaigns included which can be done either singleplayer or multiplayer.

The new game has 4 campaigns right now with supposedly more to come.

Busan Pocket - A coup attempt in South Korea in 87 sees the North invade

Bear vs Dragon - A minor flare up between China and the USSR over borders in 79

Pearl of the Orient - Thatcher vs the Chinese in 84 over Hong Kong

Climb Mount Narodinana - Soviets attempt to destroy the US and Japanese fleets in an invasion of Japan in 84

The Wargame series is one that I've been wanting to tackle for a good while. Once the semester ends I'll be hitting AirLand for sure.

Ming777

Monthly Donor
I just want to say based on beta plays on YouTube it looks like there is finally a game where the Canadian military is awesome.

They were mediocre in AirLand Battle, but here, they now have:
-Centurion Marksmen SPAAG with 12 frontal armour
- Leopard C2 MEXASs which are actually good.
-CRV7 armed CH-118 gunships.
-EF-101 Electric Voodoos
-really good AT snipers
-Bison 81mm mortars with lots and lots of smoke grenades.
-LAV TUAs.

The game is very fun, but does have certain isdues. I am wondering. Who on the forum owns the game?

Ming777

Monthly Donor
I'd need a faster and more powerful computer to play. Is might be a challenge having to micromanage every unit.

I'd need a faster and more powerful computer to play. Is might be a challenge having to micromanage every unit.

Eh. It turns into static warfare at times, plus you can group units like artillery, an armored force with support to punch through a line, etc.