World War Z

I know this is an ASB, but it is also a book. Just got it and read the whole thing. I've seen every zombie flick so i thought, on biggie another zombie story. I was wrong.

The personal nature of it, it's you are talking to the people. Thier scenario is chillingly real, it feels like you are there. The sheer emotion put in the novel really struck me above all. I really liked it.

Anybody else read this? Like it or dislike it?

I also made a map detailing the world at the height of the outbreak, shortly before the Battle of Hope.

WorldWarZ.PNG

Read it, LOVED IT! It was so chillingly real, I'm a zombie fan but it was a truly well done AH in many respects.

Lets see the map, maybe you could describe it? Have a legend for those who have not read the book and have no clue what The Battle of Hope, and the situation of things are?
Though looks good, maybe more white in the Pacific Islands region?

Read it, LOVED IT! It was so chillingly real, I'm a zombie fan but it was a truly well done AH in many respects.

Lets see the map, maybe you could describe it? Have a legend for those who have not read the book and have no clue what The Battle of Hope, and the situation of things are?
Though looks good, maybe more white in the Pacific Islands region?

Yeah tried to show it. But the Battle of Hope? After Hope, New Mexico? The first turnaround for the reconquest of the USA? It was a fairly pivotal point of the book, at least to me...

I really liked it. Apparently they're making a movie about it too.

Nice map Nicksplace. A postwar map would be pretty interesting as well.

World War Z was an amazing book .I never got so depressed reading an AH novell but the with the whole population of North Korea disappearing without a trace , the way Holy Russian Empire decided to repopulate , and just the whole situation with humanity really got to me .

the chapter about north korea gave me chills, I'm serious.

so did the chapter with the kid in Japan.:eek:

great book.

I thought the book was kind of "meh", since in order for the zombies to really get as widespread as they did was through human stupidity, like the Battle of Yonkers. I don't understand why they didn't just let the Abrams and Bradley's run over the things and then let the infantry go in and mop things up. Heck, armor up a few steamrollers and you can make a very effective anti-zombie weapon. I did like the descriptions of how various countries changed after the war.

Torqumada

I liked the book.

Never underestimate human stupidity.
Also, the military isn't trained to fight zombies.
If you didn't get head shots, you just waste ammunition.

Just about every horror/zombie/whatever movie seems to have so many elements that seem SO DUMB after the fact. But maybe we would really act that way. Who knows?
When the next Zombie plague occurs, or the Mist creeps down your block, we'll see............

Yeah, how they mightr still be toiling away underground or 23 million zombies teeming underground, just waiting to get to the surface.

Z War Two could have a flashpoint there...

I think it would be interesting either way. in one case, there is the underground north Korea, while their old territory is reclaimed by South korea, but eventually Kim Jong will want is land back... so that would be toough.

and if there are 23 million zombies, someone opens the door, and BAM! Z War II righ there.

I haven't read the book (I thoroughly enjoyed the Zombie Survival Guide, though), could someone explain to me what the different colors on the map mean? Are they to do with numbers of zombies?

I haven't read the book (I thoroughly enjoyed the Zombie Survival Guide, though), could someone explain to me what the different colors on the map mean? Are they to do with numbers of zombies?

The light gray is lightly zombie contolled areas, while the dark gray is heavily infested areas.

I think a correction has to be made for Germany/Denmark. I was under the impression that the German scene had Bundeswehr forces being withdrawn from Hamburg to north of the Kiel Canal as part of their fortress plan. In addition, Hokkaido is Z-infested territory -- the two characters that survive there are well out into the boonies.

Uh, is that Charleston thats completely clear? There's a white enclave on the east coast of the US. What's the deal with that.

I think that's just speculation on Nicksplace's part as to where the biggest "safe zones" were east of the Rocky Mountain Line were.

Yeah, there isn't much info on that. There were a few in the south and definitly one in Omaha and maybe one near St. Louis. So i tried to make it show accordingly.

Rocano

Banned
I know this is an ASB, but it is also a book. Just got it and read the whole thing. I've seen every zombie flick so i thought, on biggie another zombie story. I was wrong.

The personal nature of it, it's you are talking to the people. Thier scenario is chillingly real, it feels like you are there. The sheer emotion put in the novel really struck me above all. I really liked it.

Anybody else read this? Like it or dislike it?

I also made a map detailing the world at the height of the outbreak, shortly before the Battle of Hope.

Why did the US exsorbe the Baja peninsula and not absorb Western Canada?

Also what is the Green?

And the Peoples Republic of Tibet is the White, right?
So where is the Federation of China?