October 4th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: British Endeavour Islands
Weekly Flag Challenge: New Challenges & Previous Winners
The other thread is 'Weekly Flag Challenge: Discussion & Entries'.
DO NOT POST HERE UNLESS YOU ARE INSTRUCTED TO.
Originally Posted by Transparent Blue
Rules as of 7 December 2012.
There are two threads:
• Discussion & Entries, for all discussion and entries.
• New Challenges & Previous Winners. NO discussion goes here. This thread is ONLY to post the new challenges and to announce winners. This makes it easier to tell if a new challenge has started.
This is the process:
1. The previous winner thinks of an idea for a Weekly Flag Challenge. Challenges CANNOT:
• Be the same as a previous one.
• Require entrants to make anything other than flags and explanations. For example, you cannot require entrants to make maps or photographs.
• Limit the eligibility of entrants. For example, you cannot say “only the first 4 entrants will be considered”.
The new challenge is posted in the New Challenges thread, along with the deadline. This should include the date, time and time zone. The previous winner can decide how long the round is open for. From previous experience, 4 days is recommended.
2. Entrants submit their designs in the ‘Discussion & Entries’ thread. The previous winner CANNOT enter their own round. Unless a challenge specifically asks for multiple entries, contestants may only enter ONE entry. If a challenge specifically asks for multiple entries, contestants may only enter ONE set. They are allowed to change their entry as many times as they wish before the closing date. The most recent design posted by a user will be considered to be his/her entry.
3. If the round closes and there are less than two entries, the previous winner is allowed to extend the round by up to 7 more days. If this time has passed and there are still less than two entries, the previous winner is obligated to cancel the current round and start another one.
4. When the contest is over, the previous winner makes a poll thread titled ‘Weekly Flag Challenge #[round number] voting’. This contains all of the entries but they must be ANONYMOUS and labelled only by number, e.g. “entry 1”, “entry 2”, etc. The previous winner can decide how long the poll is open for. From experience, 3 days is recommended.
5. When the poll is closed, the winner and their flag are posted in the ‘New Challenges & Previous Winners’ thread.
6. The new winner gets to decide the next challenge, and the cycle continues.
7. If there is a tie, the winners negotiate on the next challenge and who is responsible for making the new threads and posts.
If the winner is unwilling or incapable of making the next challenge, they should notify the person in second-place, who then gets to create the next challenge.
If the second-place person is unwilling or incapable of making the next challenge, they should notify Transparent Blue, who will set up the next challenge using a public suggestion.
Last edited by Glen; December 7th, 2012 at 02:11 AM..