The Confederate Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people are going to say why do u keep posting about the Confederacy but every time I ask for a TL idon't get it so this page will be for just timelines about the Confederacy either lasting till the present or something like that. Invovle their who there allies are there political, social and economical aspects of the nation.

Confed, I have a question.

Why don't you do a realistic, well-researched timeline and then WE can look at it instead of always asking what we think would happen?

Grey Wolf

Gone Fishin'
Donor
Timelines

I provided you with one but you ignored it - its in the archives, OK it will take a few minutes to find and maybe an hour to digest but then thats the thing about timelines that someone has planned out. If you've forgotten its called 'Longer Crimean War' and involves Britain and the USA coming to blows earlier, so that Mexico's strategic importance is raised and when the CSA seccedes it is in Britain's interest to support them

Grey Wolf

Apply yourself man, think for yourself. This website is teeming with Civil War PODs and ATLs, and you can check for others at soc.history.what-if or alt.history.what-if.

This isn't a place to ask others to create a timeline for you, you should provide a timeline that you crafted and researched yourself for peer review.

Last edited:
The Confederate Empire​
Southern Empire(1861-1893)​

Dec. 1861- South Carolina secedes
Jan. 1861- After seeing South Carolina secede and South Carolinian commissioners going to each state to convince seccession Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana all secede from the Union. They decide to meet on Feb. 1 to create a constitution and goverment.
Feb. 1861- The delegates meet in Montgomery, Alabama to make desicions. Lincoln begins to mobilize forces which prompts Arkansas, North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, and the 2 goverment-in-exile in Missouri and Kentucky to send delegates to Montgomery, Alabama. Constitution is formed with a 6 year term for President with no 2 consecutive terms, there will be a senate and house of repersenatives.
Mar. 1861 - Jefferson Davis is elected President and C;ement Clay elected Vice-President. Davis chooses Judah Benjamin is Sec. of State, Robert Toombs is Sec. of War, Stephan Mallory is Sec of Navy, Christopher Memminger is Sec. of Treasury, John Reagan is Postmaster General, and Wade Keyes is Attorney General.
Apr. 1861- First battle at Ft Sumter.
May 1861- First major battle fought at Manssas Junction with a Confederate Victory. Joesph Johnston and P.G.T. Beareguard are both wounded and Robert E Lee is put in command. Sec. Mallory orders 2 cruisers to be built in England at the Lairds Ship yard.

I got a question how about we do a TL where people post a part of a story then the other person picks up where you left off and u tell which part your doing so there are no mix up? What do u think about what I got so far? ANY COMMENTS either about the TL or my idea?

Nope, your POD, which I assume is the earlier secession of the upper South, won't work for the reasons you give. You have Lincoln issuing orders in February of 1861 like he was President or something...LoL, sorry. My point is wasn't inaugurated until March 4, 1861, and thus, could not issue orders until, at least, the 5th of March.

The secessions of the upper South came about as early as possible: Virginia on April 17th; Arkansas, May 6; North Carolina, May 20; and Tennessee, June 8. Say Lincoln takes a week to formulate a plan and call up troops. Orders go out and arrive in all the right locations a week to two weeks later. Two weeks of debate (secession is a big deal and requires a lot of thought) in the upper South. A week to talk to both sides, CSA and USA, puts us on...April 15th. So, as you see, the earliest the upper South was going to secede with Lincoln as President was around the middle of April, when they did in OTL.

LoL, I think I may have made that a little confusing...

The Confederate Empire

Southern Empire(1861-1893)

Dec. 1861- South Carolina secedes
Jan. 1861- After seeing South Carolina secede and South Carolinian commissioners going to each state to convince seccession Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana all secede from the Union. They decide to meet on Feb. 1 to create a constitution and goverment.
Feb. 1861- The delegates meet in Montgomery, Alabama to make desicions. The delegates in Montgomery, Alabama form the constitution with a 6 year term for President with no 2 consecutive terms, there will be a senate and house of repersenatives.
Mar. 1861 - Jefferson Davis is elected President and Clement Clay elected Vice-President. Davis chooses Judah Benjamin is Sec. of State, Robert Toombs is Sec. of War, Stephan Mallory is Sec of Navy, Christopher Memminger is Sec. of Treasury, John Reagan is Postmaster General, and Wade Keyes is Attorney General.
Apr. 1861- First battle at Ft Sumter.Lincoln begins to mobilize forces which prompts Arkansas, North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, and the 2 goverment-in-exile in Missouri and Kentucky to secede.
May 1861- First major battle fought at Manssas Junction with a Confederate Victory. Joesph Johnston and P.G.T. Beareguard are both wounded and Robert E Lee is put in command. Sec. Mallory orders 2 cruisers to be built in England at the Lairds Ship yard.

I got a question how about we do a TL where people post a part of a story then the other person picks up where you left off and u tell which part your doing so there are no mix up? What do u think about what I got so far? ANY COMMENTS either about the TL or my idea?

? Now I don't understand. What's the actual POD that changes the military and political appointments? Why wouldn't they appoint Alex Stephens to, at least, some role in the government? After all, he was an excellent statesman, better than Clay...

Also, Mallory wasn't in charge of acquiring warships from Britain. James Bulloch was in charge of that.

In this TL Stephans is to sick and bed ridden so he can't do much. You're right in this TL Mallory sends North and Bulloch to Great Britain and Maury to France. Davis selects the same ambassadors as the OTL

Status
Not open for further replies.