Lenin lives to age 122

Now, before you get all sceptical on me, a few years ago, a French woman was in the news for having lived to the age of 122.

So, what if Lenin had lived to age 122?

We just have a different sperm meet a different egg, give him much better health and luck, and we don't need to invoke ASB.

He has Stalin killed in 1918 and remains in nominal control of the Soviet Union at least to Jan. 1, 1992. He's aware and healthy enough to direct things at least until that date. What does he do in the meantime with everybody?

Trotsky is exiled; would he go to China?

What do Gorbachev and Yeltsin do?

Lenin might have Hitler killed but it would be interesting if Hitler starts WW II, and at the end of the war we have a Yalta Conference with Roosevelt, Churchill and Lenin.

I read that at the end of WW I Lenin offered to split up the Soviet Union if Wilson would recognize the government, but Wilson refused. What if Wilson had accepted? Lenin might have made the same offer to Roosevelt.

Lenin would be almost 90 when Castro takes power. He might be letting Kosygin or Khruschev decide what to do about it, but when Khruschev has his famous temper tantrum at the UN, Lenin might fire him. Or something.

What would he do about China and the Berlin Wall?

Easy enough. The gun misfires, or she misses..

Knowing the Soviet history of appointing leaders that die a couple years afterwards, this TL seems at least semi-plausible. Of course, where Lenin would take the country economically is up for argument.

Leo Caesius

Banned
It would be easier to imagine Stalin living to 122. Those Caucasians sure do have rather long lifespans. Apparently, it's the yoghurt.

But seriously... imagine a world where little Joey Dzhugashvili lived to be 122... what a chilling thought... why, he would have been alive until 1999.

Have any of you heard the joke about Stalin by Lenin's deathbed? I found it in the Great Big Book of Russian Humour.

Lenin says, "Iosif Vissarionovich... come closer!"

And Stalin says, "What is it, Vladimir Ilyich?"

Lenin replies, "The people... you must get the people to follow you!"

IV: "Do not worry, Vladimir Ilyich, they will follow me."

VI: "But, but... what if they do not follow you?"

IV: "If they do not follow me... then they will follow you."