No Black Death

Nasty, brutish and short... oh wait, that was the black death. Without the plague, you're not going to have the increased valuation of the lower classes, as there won't be a shortage of farmers and other workers. This will lead to an increased chance for revolution, as the lower classes do not have any of the benefits that they saw after the plague in OTL.

Valdemar II

Banned
Bump

Who rides so late through night and wind? It is the father with his child. He has the little one well in the arm He holds him secure, he holds him warm.

"My son, why hide your face in fear?" "See you not, Father, the Erlking?
The Erlking with crown and flowing cloak?" "My son, it is a wisp of fog."

"You sweet child, come along with me! Such wonderful games I'll play with you; Many lovely flowers are at the shore, My mother has many golden garments."

"My father, my father, and do you not hear, What the Erlking promises me so softly?" "Be quiet, stay quiet, my child; The wind is rustling the dry leaves."

"Won't you come along with me, my fine boy? My daughters shall attend to you so nicely; My daughters do their nightly dance, And they will rock you and dance you and sing you to sleep."

"My father, my father, do you not see there, Erlking's daughters in that dark place?" "My son, my son, I see it definitely: It is the willow trees looking so grey."

"I love you; I'm charmed by your beautiful shape; And if you are not willing, then I will use force." "My father, my father, now he has taken hold of me!
Erlking has hurt me!"

The father shudders, he rides swiftly, He holds in arm the groaning child,
He reaches the farmhouse with effort and urgency; In his arms, the child was dead. (filler)

A tip; don't bump threads this old without something valuable (and lengthly) to say. :)

To answer (part) of the question: You don't have as immoral of a Catholic church in the late 14th to early 16th centuries, as you don't have all of the good clergy dieing off trying to help the ill.

Valdemar II

Banned
A tip; don't bump threads this old without something valuable (and lengthly) to say. :)

To answer (part) of the question: You don't have as immoral of a Catholic church in the late 14th to early 16th centuries, as you don't have all of the good clergy dieing off trying to help the ill.

I have been here for 2 years and 7 month and this was mostly meant as a joke, toward the comment in this
thread, even if it was interesting subject I have bumped.

without the Black Death, Many of the Free Cities wouldn't have become free, allowing the Nobles to retain their power.

Goldstein

Banned
Nasty, brutish and short... oh wait, that was the black death. Without the plague, you're not going to have the increased valuation of the lower classes, as there won't be a shortage of farmers and other workers. This will lead to an increased chance for revolution, as the lower classes do not have any of the benefits that they saw after the plague in OTL.

In your opinion, what would such a revolution look like?

without the Plague, Europe would be much more populated, so there might be a stronger Drive to the East / German colonization of East Europe, because with more surviving Germans they need to escape overcrowding. also colonization, when it started, might get off to a faster start as many more people want to escape overpopulated cities for a new life.

and there would be more famines, a shortage off food, etc.