The West Wing

We had this on the old board. Anyway, it's a tv show about a fictional american administration. It runs parallel to the real world (e.g last episode concerned the upcoming State of the Union).

There are interesting differences in the history of the West Wing world. Democratic President Bartlett was elected in '98 and re-elected in 2002. There was a Republican administration prior to Bartlett's. Communism fell a few years later. There is a nation named Qumar in what should be southern Iran.

SPOLIER

In a recent episode, 2 former presidents are mentioned. Former President Lasciter(?) who had just died and former President Newman.

The show would be a lot better if it had some hot babes on it.

The chick who plays the press secretary looks like freakin' Big Bird,

The dishrag who portrays Zoey Bartlett isn't exactly homely, but she ain't hot neither.

Stockard Channing--she wasn't even hot when she was young!

The towhead chick who works for Josh has no chin and a very distracting overbite.

The chick who used to work in the basement, before she joined CSI, Miami was hot, but she's been gone a while now.

fortyseven said:
waits for some replies about the show or to my post.

Ah yes, one of my favorite television shows.

I think it was explained that the POD for the show, if looked at from an ATL standpoint, is that George Washington takes office in 1790, and not in 1789. It would throw off the elections by two years, which would create some interesting scenarios in a few instances, such as 1858, 1962, and 1994.

Anyway, it is apparent that what happened in Saudi Arabia in a recent episode will have some serious reprecussions on the WW world. Obviously, Bartlett has had some problems with terrorism, with the kidnapping of his daughter by terrorists, and the assassination of a known terrorist collaborator who was a Quamari government official. I don't know why that nation exists; possibly as a result of an Iranian-American war in the late 70s or early 80s over the hostages? Or a victorious Hussein in the 1980s?

The Saudi Arabian events are very interesting. I didnt mention in the spoilers.

Has anyone tried to come up with a list of Presidents for the WW world?

Yes, I saw the last episode. I thought it was more than ridiculous that nobody would know where the President's Chief of Staff was. Regarding the Middle East Peace proposal - well, you have to simplify things so much in order to make them fit into hour long show. Fairly unrealistic.

For a Democratic President, Bartlett certainly has used military force alot.

fortyseven said:
Anyone watch the last episode?
SPOLIER

I think the Mid East Plan is better than any real proposed plans. Comments?

It was interesting to see them come up with this plan. I'm looking forward to seeing how the peacekeeping operation goes...

I'm also looking forward to the repercussions of Bartlet not using military force in response to the terrorist attack and instead going for peace.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the peacekeeping operation goes...

I'm also looking forward to the repercussions of Bartlet not using military force in response to the terrorist attack and instead going for peace.

me too.

Anyone notice that Canada's military reputation is as bad as in OTL. Or maybe CJ just ignorant. :)

Obviously in OTL Democratic presidents use little if any military force...why, FDR did not use any. And look at how Truman kept us out of Korea and Johnson out of Vietnam.