Coming Soon to a Theater near you: Skycaptain

For those of you that like Crimson Skies, Paramount is coming out with a movie that is right up your alley - well maybe the next block over. Giant robots, sleek airplanes, airships, art deco 1930s or 40s New York - who can as for more?

see:

www.skycaptain.com

I like the look of it....really a throwback to the 1930s and 1940s sci-fi, when it wasn't quite as dark as it is now.

Just saw the ad for it when I went to see THE PASSION, looks quite interesting in terms of the dark 30s/40s-era sci-fi. Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie look pretty good as the female characters they'll play, don't they ?

Wow, an add for it before the Passion? Not in my theatre.

Anyway, I can't wait. From what I've read it's the director's first movie ever and he essentially visualized and created the CGI scenes on his computer and sold the concept to Paramount. The main actors (Law, Paltrow, Jolie) were hired later and performed in front of blue screens. It could really suck with such a disconnect between the actors and the creator/director (think George Lucas and phantom menace) but I will see anything with zeppelins, P-40's, shiny flapping wing superplanes and giant flying robots about a hundred times!